PDA

View Full Version : SPOA question

droppa
29th May 2013, 11:31 PM
hey guys im gonna be doing a spoa on my mq soon and just wanted to kno from the guys have done it

have u all encountered and problems in the process

what are the pinion angles to be used to that my steering will be ok and wont have vibration issues

also did u all jus grind out the perches and weld them on top reusing the clamps

cant wait to do this.........

MQ MAD
31st May 2013, 10:04 AM
Checkout your state road rules regarding this
SOA are illegal for road use .....
Head over to P4x4, some over there have done it,but many don't due to road laws

patrolmq
31st May 2013, 11:17 AM
besides the legalities, you have to move the gearbox cross member as the front drive shaft hits it, which is in itself illegal possibly unless engineered.

macca
31st May 2013, 07:10 PM
Ah Spring Over Axle now I got it.....

droppa
3rd June 2013, 11:50 PM
nah, im in tiny Trinidad in the caribee, we dont have such stringent laws like u guys, pretty easy going on that part, silly MVI's may not even kno it was done......

any mk/mq-ers here done spoa??

patrolmq
4th June 2013, 03:30 PM
I think it would be very difficult, if not impossible to do it legally in Australia, hence it's probably rare for anything but comp vehicles, most of which will be coil sprung vehicles anyway. So it might be difficult to find anyone who's done it on this forum.

droppa
8th July 2013, 10:57 PM
recently complete the SPOA on my trol, along with that we had to do a modded Z bar for the steering which is soon to be replaced with a hi-steer and single dragling conversion, as for now, she rides well and has given a huge amount of lift, ive downsized to 33s temporarily, but they work sweet........

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/07/36.jpg

GQ TANK
12th July 2013, 09:42 PM
There was a guy in oz who done this had a lot of issues with his spring hangers -