PDA

View Full Version : mundaring overnight powerlines run sunday this long weekend

Stropp
29th May 2013, 03:25 PM
hi guys a couple of us from the western patrol club are doing a afternoon/night run up the powerlines and hopefully onto mt observation with an overnighter if you want to stay, anyone interested? besides clunk :)

Clunk
29th May 2013, 03:27 PM
Fine then...... no I'm not interested but I'm coming anyway lol

Tapping on the Tab via MC

Avo
29th May 2013, 03:33 PM
Would love too but i think the misses has this weekend planned already,

oncedisturbed
29th May 2013, 08:01 PM
Will play it by ear

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

Shaun 4x4
29th May 2013, 08:08 PM
When are you doing this?

Me and a couple of mate are gonna hot up the power lines this Saturday. All first timers there so would like to go with some people that know there way around

Clunk
29th May 2013, 08:26 PM
When are you doing this?

Me and a couple of mate are gonna hot up the power lines this Saturday. All first timers there so would like to go with some people that know there way around

Going up on Sunday mate..... we haven't set a time yet but you're welcome to join us if you fancy

oncedisturbed
29th May 2013, 09:19 PM
Have the all clear from the Minister, will be on L plates in the troll though I have been theough before but not a night run

Clunk
29th May 2013, 09:30 PM
Have the all clear from the Minister, will be on L plates in the troll though I have been theough before but not a night run

Night runs are good up there, brings on a whole new perspective.
This'll be the 4th night run for me and I must say, actually prefer it

Tappin on the MC phone

Stropp
29th May 2013, 10:32 PM
Night runs are good as there are few others up there to get in the way :) we will probably camp at the little clearing where we had dinner last time, I think if we meet about 1600 at KFC Mundaring and leave around 1630, when we get to the camp site we can have dinner etc, I will bring some wood for a fire for those who will be staying, that will be me and clunk at least and anyone else who wants to. There will be the opportunity to turn off and leave for those that don't want to overnight. If anyone wants to add anything let us know :)

Beni C
30th May 2013, 02:04 PM
Would love to guys but all booked up this weekend, really want to get out and meet the crew too!!

Powerlines aint that far from me either.

Is there a way to get through to Mt Observation from Mundaring hey?

Stropp
30th May 2013, 02:51 PM
yes there is but last toime we went it was night as well so will rely on the gps

Clunk
31st May 2013, 07:55 PM
Bump.....

Tappin on the phone via MC.......

Avo
31st May 2013, 09:39 PM
I cannot..looking after the faRm.Come off holidays to No boss,he did come back this week but is going to perth every weekend.he and his wife have just had a baby 3 months prem.So naturally as he is in perth on weekends and every other chance he gets i'm holding fort.Have organised the july meet up in dwellingup off but to discuss t he meet up...So in the end it don't matter what the misses plans we are staying home most weekends.Day trip to yeagerup and the warren will be fine just day trips..

Till then Ciao

Clunk
1st June 2013, 08:39 PM
Another little bump

Tapped on crappola MC

Shaun 4x4
1st June 2013, 09:00 PM
Was out there today, and that was the best track I've ever driven. Not sure if its the same way you guys will be going but the section we went today was great.

Clunk
1st June 2013, 09:42 PM
Get to try out the new Dune 4wd self inflating mat I bought today, just gonna rip out me dicky seats and kip in the back

Tapped on crappola MC

Avo
1st June 2013, 09:44 PM
Now i'm jealous,sounds great.Enjoy your sunday fellas

Was out there today, and that was the best track I've ever driven. Not sure if its the same way you guys will be going but the section we went today was great.

Clunk
1st June 2013, 11:02 PM
Hey Stropp, might have a lowlux join us tomorrow......... Might!!!!!! Lol

Tapped on crappola MC

oncedisturbed
2nd June 2013, 12:04 AM
1 of the mods from 4wda forum and her crew will be out there tomorrow as well.

Dinger
2nd June 2013, 12:34 AM
Hey guys what time are you planning on starting your trek?
Apologies saw the earlier post of 1600 at the KFC

Clunk
2nd June 2013, 03:57 PM
Last call folks....... if your coming, we'll see you at 4pm Mundaring KFC. Leaving there 4:30pm

Stropp
3rd June 2013, 03:22 PM
had a great night out and a great camp spot, nice and quiet. only reported damage is the clunk mobile went clunck once too often and bent the front corner of the bar.

93patrol
3rd June 2013, 03:30 PM
looks like you boys had a bit of fun wish i had the dwelly weekend off so i could go for a play maybe next time

Clunk
3rd June 2013, 03:39 PM
Yes unfortunately Clunk won't be able to clunk for a wee while........ until new bar work is adorned on the front of the mobile and drivers side fender is bent back in shape.............

Was a damn good night though...... thoroughly enjoyed

93patrol
3rd June 2013, 03:40 PM
i am guessing clunks wagon is the one with the alloy barwork then

Clunk
3rd June 2013, 03:55 PM
i am guessing clunks wagon is the one with the alloy barwork then

Yeah mate....... alloy and rock walls don't mix too well Hahahaha

93patrol
3rd June 2013, 05:18 PM
well i had better be careful with mine then as i have the same barwork and scrub-bars as you:driving2:

Woof
3rd June 2013, 05:23 PM
Is that all of the photos we get to see?????????????

Stropp
3rd June 2013, 05:35 PM
I've got a few more but not a lot as I had trouble trying to take pics of me while driving lol, the others were excited and were too quick for me.

Clunk
4th June 2013, 09:55 PM
I've got a few more but not a lot as I had trouble trying to take pics of me while driving lol, the others were excited and were too quick for me.

And I forgot my camera yet again..... Besides was too busy playing lol

Tapped on crappola MC

Clunk
4th June 2013, 10:09 PM
Well after the bar taking several softer hits on a few other occasions, my luck finally ran out and came down on the bull bar a little harder.

Bar pushed the wing up

Now buckled and twisted

Also push it about an inch or so over to the passenger side

Yay me, now on the hunt for a steel winch bar, so if anyone knows of one going in WA let me know. :D

Tapped on crappola MC

oncedisturbed
5th June 2013, 10:09 AM
Will keep an ear / eye for you Clunk.

Thursday is new Tie Rods day after rummaging around under the rig on Monday after I got home and found the Clunk hiding under it. Tie Rods I could move very loosley with my pinky. Hopefully they should fix the wobbles as well

Clunk
5th June 2013, 01:35 PM
Will keep an ear / eye for you Clunk.

Thursday is new Tie Rods day after rummaging around under the rig on Monday after I got home and found the Clunk hiding under it. Tie Rods I could move very loosley with my pinky. Hopefully they should fix the wobbles as well

I swear it wasn't me, I was at home with the kids ;)

Don't slap it, tap it!!!!

Nvd323
15th June 2013, 11:16 PM
looked fun ill be keen next time for sure!

Shaun 4x4
16th June 2013, 12:02 AM
I went there again today and did the full track this time.
Soooo much FUN!