PDA

View Full Version : TB42E engine wiring diagrams

Dirk Diggler
27th May 2013, 07:30 PM
Hey guys..

I'm just chasing a wiring diagram for the TB42E for an aftermarket ecu project.
Through googling left me empty handed :(

Would anyone be able to help me out?

Cheers
Kyle.

Bloodyaussie
27th May 2013, 07:34 PM
Get to 25 posts mate and you can just download the manual... what ECU you looking at????

Dirk Diggler
27th May 2013, 07:37 PM
Ahh righto cheers mate :)
I have the Y60 manual however it doesn't have an EFI supplement, unless I am missing it.

I'll keep on posting till then! :D

Bloodyaussie
27th May 2013, 07:38 PM
If you are really stuck ask Yendor for advice mate.... dont forget to share your experiance mate??

Dirk Diggler
27th May 2013, 07:40 PM
Will do!
Will be a Haltech, either PS1000 or Sprint 500

NissanGQ4.2
27th May 2013, 07:43 PM
Kyle we do not have the EFI supp. Good luck finding an electronic copy I don't think one exists. You can buy it online from various bookshops. If you do happen to come across one in electronic form please let us know :)

Cheers

Todd

NissanGQ4.2
27th May 2013, 07:44 PM
Anything in particular you need to know???

Bloodyaussie
27th May 2013, 07:44 PM
Kyle we do not have the EFI supp. Good luck finding an electronic copy I don't think one exists. You can buy it online from various bookshops. If you do happen to come across one in electronic form please let us know :)

Cheers

Todd
Well there ya go......... thanks Todd!!

Dirk Diggler
27th May 2013, 07:52 PM
Anything in particular you need to know???

Nothing specific at this point in time, Still in planning. Motor is turning up next week.

I am going from tb42 to tb42e. I have acquired the engine for next to free, its in good condition with low miles however it's lacking an ECU and distributor, comes with the full wiring harness...
I figured I could spend $500 odd getting the parts I need to make it complete, and have the headf!ck of fitting the OEM loom, or I could spend $1500 odd and fit an aftermarket ecu, run LS1 coil packs, Ditch the airflow meter and run a MAP sensor instead. At this stage I am interested in turbocharging it, but have not decided on it 100% as yet.

So with that in mind I'm trying to work out if I am better off to source an EFI dizzy to trigger the haltech or if I cap off the dizzy hole and use a trigger wheel and hall effect sensor off the harmonic balancer.. Thoughts?

When I start doing all this i'll put up a thread in the builds section with as much detail as I can. :)

NissanGQ4.2
27th May 2013, 08:50 PM
Send a PM to Jeff ( WhiteGQ (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/member.php?2603-WHITEGQ) )

I'm not 100% certain but I think his GQ was TB4.2 and he converted it to TB4.2 EFI running straight gas. He might be able to help you out

Cheers

Todd

Dirk Diggler
31st May 2013, 06:06 PM
Cheers guys for all the info! Appreciate it :)

Dirk Diggler
10th June 2013, 10:07 AM
Righto, I came across a schematic and have chopped it out of the PDF it was in and grouped it into a few pages which will help me, and others hopefully :)

http://db.tt/VRdeH4Cj

Enjoy!

Lewy88
23rd February 2014, 05:39 PM
Hey did u have any luck with wireing diagram I am chasing one 2