PDA

View Full Version : V6 IFS front end

threedogs
27th May 2013, 11:55 AM
There is no Y62 section, so general chat it is, might be old news but the new Y62 will come in Diesel and have an Independant front end,
Once again Nissan choose a motor that they designed for a Navara to power the huge Y62.
Pretty sure the motor is of Mercedes origin, will have to wait and see, pricing starts at $78,000.
No doubt the motor will be tuned to suit the Y62, I wait ,I wonder.

nissannewby
27th May 2013, 12:19 PM
When is the diesel suppose to be coming out? The v6 diesels are a Renault creation. Ifs had to happen as the 200 series cruiser are basically the same suspension. As far as I was aware they weren't gonna put a diesel in it anytime soon. The only engine they have in the y62 is a 5.6L petrol v8.

Yendor
27th May 2013, 12:22 PM
I thought Nissan said there was not going to be a diesel for the Y62.

nissannewby
27th May 2013, 12:24 PM
There's plenty on the other patrol forum about these they also have their own section.

threedogs
27th May 2013, 12:35 PM
Only heard it this morning when over at TJM.
They were making sure I knew about it with my Tojo background
Sounded right to me. Big pow wow there later in the week so,
hopefully I can sit in on it and get some more info
Renault V6 diesel if thats the Navara engine, tuned to suit Y62 of course

MudRunnerTD
27th May 2013, 12:40 PM
There's plenty on the other patrol forum about these they also have their own section.

what were you doing over there!

so do we need to do a Y62 Section? I think a couple of the UAE members have them already so maybe we should.

Yendor
27th May 2013, 12:41 PM
Only heard it this morning when over at TJM.
They were making sure I knew about it with my Tojo background
Sounded right to me. Big pow wow there later in the week so,
hopefully I can sit in on it and get some more info
Renault V6 diesel if thats the Navara engine, tuned to suit Y62 of course

If would be good if they do.

The statement I remember reading from Nissan was that only the Australian market was asking for a diesel and our market was just to small.

Yendor
27th May 2013, 12:42 PM
what were you doing over there!

so do we need to do a Y62 Section? I think a couple of the UAE members have them already so maybe we should.

I think we should.

MudRunnerTD
27th May 2013, 12:43 PM
I think we should.

Its Time.

I will pm AB, thats His Domain.

nissannewby
27th May 2013, 01:12 PM
I think we should.

Gonna buy one Yendor? :p

Yendor
27th May 2013, 01:20 PM
Gonna buy one Yendor? :p

I might get two. :)

threedogs
27th May 2013, 01:24 PM
Let it be written ,so let it be done,

nissannewby
27th May 2013, 01:47 PM

Ill drive one for you.

mudnut
27th May 2013, 05:24 PM
1 for donor parts? lol

Yendor
27th May 2013, 05:29 PM
1 for donor parts? lol

We're not talking about GQ's here.........so I'm sure a second one is not needed for parts. :tease:

TPC
27th May 2013, 05:30 PM

Yea me too, should we get a load of us together and do a bulk buy?
See if we can get a better price if we buy 50.

Yendor
27th May 2013, 05:34 PM
Ill drive one for you.

You could drive an old Datsun 180b off road and still make it look capable.

Yendor
27th May 2013, 05:35 PM
Yea me too, should we get a load of us together and do a bulk buy?
See if we can get a better price if we buy 50.

We might need to get 500 or so....

mudnut
27th May 2013, 05:38 PM
We're not talking about GQ's here.........so I'm sure a second one is not needed for parts. :tease:

Here we go gentlepeople, another Q/U comparison thread. lmao

Yendor
27th May 2013, 05:48 PM
Here we go gentlepeople, another Q/U comparison thread. lmao

If you believe the Nissan sales hype, the Q/U are going to have to work together to beat the Y62. :smile:

Sorry 3D it looks like I may have killed your thread......lol

threedogs
27th May 2013, 06:00 PM
Kill or be killed that is the question, AB started a Y62 Thread up.
I'll get as much info as I can tomorrow
OOOOHHH Yendor you of all ppl Lol

nissannewby
27th May 2013, 06:21 PM
You do know they are independent all round aye 3d. The spec models get the same hydraulic/kinetic style suspension the cruisers use, stability control, traction control etc etc.

Bulbous
28th May 2013, 03:52 PM
I thought Nissan said there was not going to be a diesel for the Y62.

I thought Nissan said there was not going to be a RHD version of the Y62. Didn't Nissan Australia do that all on their own after Nissan HQ said no?
If that's the case then it's probably Nissan Australia going it's own way again.
You know like
No Manual transmissions, No 4.8s,

Yendor
29th May 2013, 03:51 PM
Kill or be killed that is the question, AB started a Y62 Thread up.
I'll get as much info as I can tomorrow
OOOOHHH Yendor you of all ppl Lol

Don't tell Todd, I'm trying to be good. :D

So do tell, what did you find out?

Yendor
29th May 2013, 03:52 PM
I thought Nissan said there was not going to be a RHD version of the Y62. Didn't Nissan Australia do that all on their own after Nissan HQ said no?
If that's the case then it's probably Nissan Australia going it's own way again.
You know like
No Manual transmissions, No 4.8s,

I don't know............Over here I really think they need a diesel engine to compete with the LandCruiser.

It seems 3D is holding out on us. :D

MudRunnerTD
29th May 2013, 04:43 PM
I don't know............Over here I really think they need a diesel engine to compete with the LandCruiser.

It seems 3D is holding out on us. :D

The problem is Rod if they are talking about a 2.8 DiD or something it would be laughable to put that in the same market as a Twin Turbo V8 CRD Diesel in the 200!! Get it together Nissan.

I dont understand why they dont put a new head on the TD42 and make it into a CRD!! there would be a que a mile long in Australia both domestic and into the Mining industry i reckon.

I dont get it?

threedogs
29th May 2013, 04:55 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and emissions I take it, going over in the morning, I'll have to write it down or take 4 trips lol.
You'd like to think Nissan had a bi turbo diesel that would blow us all away. Mate BFF just brought the Bi-turbo Rangie
only V6 but boy does that hammer through the ZF auto,, . Need to be competitive against the 200s as Rangie is out of
the question. leave it a ULP premium V8 for the big sand pit, Saudi export market. leaves us hanging again

Yendor
29th May 2013, 05:38 PM
The problem is Rod if they are talking about a 2.8 DiD or something it would be laughable to put that in the same market as a Twin Turbo V8 CRD Diesel in the 200!! Get it together Nissan.

I dont understand why they dont put a new head on the TD42 and make it into a CRD!! there would be a que a mile long in Australia both domestic and into the Mining industry i reckon.

I dont get it?

Totally agree mate. It would be a waste of time if Nissan where to put a 4 cylinder in it.

I'm not sure if by changing the head and fuel delivery system on the TD42 if this would meet the expectations (noise and vibration levels) of someone who was looking to purchase a new vehicle in this price range.

Rumcajs
29th May 2013, 09:25 PM
Totally agree mate. It would be a waste of time if Nissan where to put a 4 cylinder in it.

I'm not sure if by changing the head and fuel delivery system on the TD42 if this would meet the expectations (noise and vibration levels) of someone who was looking to purchase a new vehicle in this price range.

This isn't about changing head and fuel delivery systems on TD42 or even worrying about noise and vibration levels some customers might have. Australia is going to EURO 5 in November this year that's it. Most people have no idea what is involved in making Diesel engine compliant with those limits. Nissan doesn't have that money nor is willing to spent. Patrols are niche vehicles and Oz market is too small.

Nissan also has a cost cutting king in charge (Google their CEO Carlos Ghosn) and that guy is not interested in niche vehicles!
To him if you wanna something like Patrol than buy rebadged US/Arabs Infinity automobile.....that's what sell in large numbers.
Even Pathy is going US sourced Petrol guzzler cause that's what Yanks buy.
Europeans buy Pulsars with small Diesels so Nissan is bringing one to you here but only because of them not that Australians are embracing small fuel efficient hatchbacks Euro style.

For any Diesel to pass EU5 and EU6 (2016) it needs DPF, EGR and possibly SCR(Adblue 1.00-1.80 per L) addons which increase price and cost of ownership so good buy diesels I don't think so.

Patrol's only chance is V9x Renault V6 (in current Pathy and Navara) its got the 7 sp transmission already but would have to come with DPFs and SCR. Would I want one with those shackles, no way Jose.....
Bye Bye Diesel engine......

Cheers

taslucas
30th May 2013, 07:20 AM
Bye Bye Diesel engine......

Cheers

Or should it be "buy buy" as many TD42s as you can to hold onto for the future!?

dads tractor
20th July 2014, 10:57 PM
Here's one out of left field when both Ford and Holden cease production the Yanks will flood the market with their big and small suvs .This will say bye to the landcruiser as well, because they are already talking about replacing our car variants with some of their range .(Thank god they have moved on from carbies and drum brakes LOL)

nissannewby
20th July 2014, 11:04 PM
Here's one out of left field when both Ford and Holden cease production the Yanks will flood the market with their big and small suvs .This will say bye to the landcruiser as well, because they are already talking about replacing our car variants with some of their range .(Thank god they have moved on from carbies and drum brakes LOL)

The landcruiser ute will no longer be produced after 2017. This includes any of 79 series vehicles I believe (dual cab, wagon and also troopy)