PDA

View Full Version : I want to join the podologists....need pod

GrumpyOldFart
26th May 2013, 11:46 PM
Looking for a Telstra or similar work back/pod for my 2004 GU ute with leaf rear.
We live in SA but are willing to travel.

macca
27th May 2013, 07:07 AM
Mate I wish all the best in your search, they are very pricy to buy new.

A mate recently paid $7000.00 but it was custom built with a large roof rack, false floor with storage and 80 litre water tank included. It is very well made.

The telstra ones do come up on Ebay occasionally, they ar fairly high and you might want to consider that if a roof topper is to be used. Have a look at Cuppa's build he has one ready for distance touring, his is really well sorted as is DXGrunt from WA.

threedogs
27th May 2013, 09:27 AM
I know where there are heaps , I'll get a Price if they are available.
situated not for from Ford car assembly plant on Nth side of Melb.
They are bare from memory but I'll get a few pics for you.

threedogs
27th May 2013, 11:43 AM
Bumped, Here you go, everything has a price, PM if more contact details are required.
the front and top Pod are sold but only to the owners, The XL service body would be my choice.
heaps and I mean heaps of shelves, you can build your own roof to suit your needs.This is where I got started
so basically family, on my 2nd set of owners, lol

Cuppa
27th May 2013, 12:22 PM
Gee TD, You're not just a pretty face! :)

threedogs
27th May 2013, 12:28 PM
Ask and ye shall receive, On the 9th day TD declared let there be Pods and it was so,.
They just got rid of some too But guy can send more Pics
Everything has a price in business I suppose,The good thing is he's willing
to discuss Price.

TPC
27th May 2013, 12:58 PM
Ask and ye shall receive, On the 9th day TD declared let there be Pods and it was so,.
They just got rid of some too But guy can send more Pics
Everything has a price in business I suppose,The good thing is he's willing
to discuss Price.

If you really that good can you find me a 2006 GU ST Wagon 4.2L with less than 100k on the clock and then wind back time to before I bought my 3L.
ps. price under 32k please lol

threedogs
27th May 2013, 01:37 PM
And he walked amongst the meek, Blessed are those with 4.2s as they will have turbos bolted to them
and they shall name him,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Three dogs,,,,,,,,,,,,,or now ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,TD

Now thats stupid, maybe these dx utes in the communities are the place to pick up complete 4.2 TD
Forget body, if price is right

GrumpyOldFart
27th May 2013, 08:27 PM
My father in law has a 2002 4.2 ST with factory turbo that I added a Cross Country intercooler to. Just turned over 100,000km!!!
Not for sale though

threedogs
28th May 2013, 11:11 AM
@ GOF we reckon the XL service body weighs around 250-300kg as is.
But heaps of potential from my eyes

DX grunt
28th May 2013, 11:15 AM
Please make this thread a sticky? lol.

More utes, more utes, more utes. PML

I prefer to sleep in my pod than on the ground, but I don't object when I have to. lol
http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af279/DXgrunt/DX%20grunt/Camp%20set%20up/Gruntsden003.jpg (http://s1015.photobucket.com/user/DXgrunt/media/DX%20grunt/Camp%20set%20up/Gruntsden003.jpg.html)

Here's the link to my set up. Pics start on Page 41.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?139-DX-grunt...-in-the-flesh

Good luck with your search, OGF.

Rossco

GrumpyOldFart
9th August 2013, 07:32 PM
Thanks all for your help.
I found a Obico ex Telstra pod in Brisbane!
Only a 4000km round trip to get it.
Now to fitting out.

Does that make me a member of the exclusive Podders Community?

Cuppa
9th August 2013, 08:47 PM
4000kms! Must be at a good price! Either that or it's just a good excuse for a good drive. :)

Sorry but having found a pod only entitles you to 'almost podder' membership ................................but as soon as you have it in your hands you become a fully fledged podologist. So just a mere 2000 kms before you become one of the select few! :) What are your plans for it?

Btw GOF, do you know a Dot & George with a large white converted bus in Strathalbyn?

Btw(2), TD did you ever get ballpark prices on those pod in your pics?

Cuppa

EDIT: Just read in the leaf spring thread that you've already been up to Brissie........... So WELCOME to the exclusive podologist community!

oncedisturbed
10th August 2013, 01:31 AM
hmmmmm, lots of ideas coming through for the next troll with "POD"

does that class me as a "WANNABE PODOLOGIST"??

DX grunt
10th August 2013, 03:55 AM
hmmmmm, lots of ideas coming through for the next troll with "POD"

does that class me as a "WANNABE PODOLOGIST"??

Possibly, but not confirmed - we need to have a podologist meeting and decide. lol.