PDA

View Full Version : Toolangi day drive

Affro
26th May 2013, 01:40 PM
Hi there any 1 interested in a day drive up toolangi sat June the first meet up around 10 Melba hyway

healy
26th May 2013, 01:46 PM
theres a meet on the 2nd at tallakook

threedogs
26th May 2013, 01:46 PM
Hi mate Bloody Aussie has one going for Melb guys for that weekend, check
out that thread as heaps going ,thread posted months back, more than welcome on that one

gingerboy
26th May 2013, 06:18 PM
Hey all,

What's the etiquette here...saw this thread and would love to come along (was up in Toolangi last weekend as it happens)... But is it rude to invite myself?! And couple of other Q's:

Is it wrong to bring the wife and 1 yr old daughter? They love getting out there and wife has no issues getting muddy and amongst it! Daughter is quite happy in the car and usually falls asleep once we engage 4wd!

If the answer to all above is "yeah come along", what sort of person, truck and experience are you expecting/desiring?! I am starting out fresh in my patrol with some cheapass tools for emergency and no recovery gear...but ive done my fair share of off road and touring, so if u r hitting double black tracks I'll leave you guys to it...but if its stuff my stock patrol and lowered tyre pressures can handle I'd love to come and get muddy.

Hope that's not out of order.

Oh I should add I'm English, haha, (but lived here for 8 yrs now) hope that's not an immediate disqualification ;)

Alitis007
26th May 2013, 06:31 PM
The etiquette here is, we are all mates going for a drive, from no experience what so ever ( me) to full on experience ( others ). You can invite your self and bring whoever you like aslong as you understand its at your own risk and you do the tracks you feel comfortable doing, no one will discriminate against you if you decide to take the chicken track or not and everything is done in a relaxed and safe manor. Cowboys never get far and don't last long either but we all know how to have fun !!!

Bloodyaussie
26th May 2013, 06:32 PM
Mate minimum is recovery points and basic recovery gear................

mudski
26th May 2013, 08:26 PM
Yep. Any member can invite themselves along but recovery gear is needed. Whilst we don't mind using our own in cases, replacing recovery gear isn't real cheap. Also decent recovery points too, especially if the vehicle is not equipped for the conditions.

gingerboy
26th May 2013, 09:34 PM
I'm far from cowboy 4by driver status I'd say. I have travelled on some of the most famous off road tracks in Australia in a Disco '99 and never needed recovery gear...(had it but never used it), but saying that I don't go out to get stuck somewhere. I go out to have a bit of fun and drive somewhere where tourists don't go. If it looks too hard/steep/rocky/slippery I will go around or turn back - have done and would again.

Was just trying to gauge what this trip was all about and whether I'd fit in/be allowed to come/not slow anyone down :)

Thanks for the replies guys. Sounds like a few of you going are pretty hardcore so I'll leave you to it. If I come up that way and see some muddy Patrols I'll stop and say hi!

Alitis007
26th May 2013, 09:46 PM
Mate i hope you didn't take it the wrong way, but i think you should come along to the tallarook meet and see for your self we're a laid back easy going group going to have some fun. There is all level of experienced drivers going along and at a worse case, the ones who want something more challenging will go their own way and leave us not experienced / not equipped cars to the soft to medium tracks. But the choice is yours!

mudski
26th May 2013, 10:34 PM
Dude most of us a far from hardcore. Soft to medium core more like it. I'm on the lower end of softcore in the group so no need to worry. We just like people who come along to be prepared with the gear. You are more than welcome to come along. If someone doesn't want to do a hill or boghole, they aren't pushed to do so. Its your car at the end of the day and YOU have to pay for repairs.

gingerboy
27th May 2013, 06:42 PM
All good guys. Thanks for clarifying. No problem at all and hope I don't offend by not coming...bloody forums and internet its hard to judge a tone...but I'm always smiling :)

As it turns out a couple of blokes from work might be heading up to Toolangi this weekend so I'll tag along with them so if you see a Patrol, a disco and a defender flash your lights!

And next time I'll definitely come and join you all and see what its all about :)

mudski
27th May 2013, 08:14 PM
Cool no probs mate. Hope to see you at the next shindig. I just hope I don't bust anything this time. Last time I was at Tallarook I done my clutch...

Bloodyaussie
27th May 2013, 08:45 PM
Have a spoon of concrete Mark!!!!

mudski
28th May 2013, 10:21 AM
Have a spoon of concrete Mark!!!!

STFU cuddles!

Alitis007
28th May 2013, 12:54 PM
STFU cuddles!

Haha cant resist lol

threedogs
28th May 2013, 12:59 PM
Might share that around before the drive. does it come with pucker button clips.
Gotta have pucker button clips, when you get out of 4x4 seat covers should follow.
MMMMMmmmmmm quick set

@ Gingerboy, most welcome to join in, bring your wife, Daughter , even your dog.
Great bunch of guys I'm sure you'll fit in fine, on the plus side you've just met 10 new 4x4ers
for future trips off road, fishing or general High country touring. join and enjoy I say

mudski
28th May 2013, 01:57 PM
I'll be the first to laugh if one of you girls break something.

Alitis007
28th May 2013, 03:03 PM
But i thought you where going to show us how its done Mudski??

mudski
28th May 2013, 03:30 PM
But i thought you where going to show us how its done Mudski??
ME?! Me!? Haha! Thats BA's job.. My car is my work car too, I bust it, I don't work, I don't get paid.

Alitis007
28th May 2013, 04:54 PM
ME?! Me!? Haha! Thats BA's job.. My car is my work car too, I bust it, I don't work, I don't get paid.

You, yeh YOU! Lol thats why your showing us how to do it without busting anything.......

I hope lmao!!!

4X4MUD
30th May 2013, 12:31 AM
Lol, the last time I went, I did a clutch so put a safari tuff in it, the time before that I did a radiator so I put a desert cooler... So everything should hold up this time. Should be a grate day out guys, no pressure on those who want to take it nice and slow. See everyone out there on Sunday.

mudski
30th May 2013, 08:08 AM
Wicked! another one coming....

4X4MUD
31st May 2013, 08:36 PM
Guys, all packed and ready to go Sunday ☺ I had to get a new alternator because my one sezed, luckey it happened today and I had time to fix it. Anyway, see all you guys on sunday

Bloodyaussie
31st May 2013, 09:11 PM
Your going to Toolangi are you?????????????

4X4MUD
31st May 2013, 10:10 PM
Your going to Toolangi are you?????????????

I'm going where the rest of the group is going on Sunday... Tallarook