PDA

View Full Version : SAX springs, good or bad?

macca
26th May 2013, 08:20 AM
I was wondering if you guys have experience with leaf packs and these springs;

http://saxsuspension.com/products.html

My ute like Cuppa's is damn heavy when loaded up for long distance travel and touring, so its but hangs on the ground. Also the front actually goes 20kg lighter which is not good. Over the last couple of weeks I have tried to get some of the wieght forward, like mounting the HiLift on the Bull Bar instead of the tow bar. Repacking the pod so the lightest is at the rear and stuff like that.

A mate put me onto SAX, so I gave them a call.
They have a HD spring that is constant 500kg. $1490.00 delivered.
They also have a "mining spring" which is constant GVM $1790.00 delivered, a far stiffer spring that will cope with excess loads, exceeding GVM as the miners tend to do.
The 3rd stage is what is interesting, as the spring takes up load the transfer of load to the upper leaf takes some of it.
We have something like their equaliser on our work vans that works well, but this design of their 3SDS spring spreads the excess load in front of the axle as well.

I do not want to fit air bags or anything that changes the load bearing point on the chassis. Load bearing is designed to be at the spring attachment points and it would be good to stay that way.

Thanks in advance

Hodge
2nd June 2013, 08:18 AM
Hey Macca, so far know 2 blokes who were and are still dissapointed in the sax leafs and they are going through the process of trial and error to fix the issues. Biggest complaint is the aftersale service. ALso the leafs apparently ride like a shopping trolley. It's meant to be a leaf spring, but apparently there is not spring in it at all. Also if you have a few minutes, have a read through this navara forum thread. It'll give you a good insight of what people were up against. Hope it helps.
http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=18779

macca
2nd June 2013, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the link Hodge, A hell of a read!!!

I had already decided to live with what I have.

But it was close as they were offering free freight last month, so I needed to make a decision on Friday.

Seems another product that was good and made in Australia now being made in China and is rubbish now.

Thanks again