PDA

View Full Version : Patrol GQ Bridgestone 265 70 r16 tyre pressure

tracemul7
24th December 2010, 06:44 PM
Hey Folks,

Can anyone advise what the tyre pressure should be for these?
Just for normal driving, and then under load too?
Bridgestone D694cz 265 70 R16s

Cheers, Trace

Bigrig
24th December 2010, 07:03 PM
Hey Trace

Depends on a heap of things related to your drive types and how specifically drive (lots of highway, or lots around town, weight in the vehicle, etc), but generally between 36-38 psi for most ... some say 40psi for economy when doing highway runs (hard tyre so less rolling resistance), but this is both uncomfortable, and lends itself to wearing out the centre of the tread rather than evenly across the tyre. Not sure what the placard on the car says on mine (GQ also), but that's the range I run my at regardless. Can differ front to back, and others on the forum will no doubt give some advice also.

All the best and Merry Christmas.

Dhuck
24th December 2010, 07:21 PM
Pump them up as far as you can go and let them explode. Have the rims fitted with something like BF Goodridge, Maxxis or Khumo just not bloody BS or Badyear

tracemul7
24th December 2010, 07:22 PM
Thanks Bigrig - we have lowered them from approx 49psi all round, which was set by garage :S
We put them down to 38 at front and 43 on rear - feels sooooooo different!! Feels alot heavier now.
This was half loaded with 2 adults - still got the esky and another adult to go in :)
We're camping for 7 days - but travelling reasonably light - but have no idea what is the best tyre pressure. We're doing the great ocean road from adelaide to melbourne and back. So mostly highway driving.

All advice gratefully received!!

Woof
24th December 2010, 07:25 PM
Try this Trace.
http://www.bridgestone.com.au/tyres/passenger/care/pressure.aspx