PDA

View Full Version : Forum group buy - roh black steel wheels

Cuppa
22nd May 2013, 07:34 PM
Group Buy- ROH Black Trak Steel Wheels - 16" x 8" 13mm negative offset mine site approved, max loading 1200kg each.

Price will be $85 to $90 each depending on how many we buy.

Wheels will be able to be collected from Thomastown, Melbourne.

The order will be made about a week from now & payment in advance will be required. The forum member doing the buying is George (Alitis007), a known & trusted member of our online community. As payment to George will have to clear before he makes the order the DEADLINE for payment is this Friday 24th May @ 8:30pm. Payment will be able to be made direct to George via bank transfer or credit card. Details will be PM'd to those who want to purchase following the deadline on Friday evening.

Please ask questions or indicate in this thread if you are interested in joining us in purchasing.

Getting the wheels at this price makes them a real bargain. Commonly they sell for over $120 each.

For further details of the wheels in question have a look here (http://www.roh.com.au/trak-2-series.php)

This is the only wheel size being purchased, so please don't ask about getting other sizes.

This is a one off purchase which wont be repeated so if you need some black steelies now is the time to act.

Cuppa

mudski
22nd May 2013, 08:26 PM
Hmm do they come with the shiny chrome caps?

Clunk
22nd May 2013, 08:51 PM
Free freight to Perth??? :D:D:what:

Don't slap it, tap it!!!!

Alitis007
22nd May 2013, 08:56 PM
Hmm do they come with the shiny chrome caps?
No caps or wheel nuts, but for you Mark you will have to assemble them your self! Lol

Free freight to Perth??? :D:D:what:

Just for you mate, you just need to come to my work to pay me cash in hand, ok champ... Lol

Clunk
23rd May 2013, 01:30 AM
No caps or wheel nuts, but for you Mark you will have to assemble them your self! Lol

Just for you mate, you just need to come to my work to pay me cash in hand, ok champ... Lol

Only if you drop the wheels round to my place once you've got them !!!!???? ;)

threedogs
23rd May 2013, 08:18 AM
Chrome centre caps ooooohhhhhh sooooo 80s, vomit, spit, wipe, nah alls good.
Black rims black OE Nissan centre caps wih orange logo and writing,, oohhhh yeah
@ Cuppa good price

teno45
23rd May 2013, 03:59 PM
Im keen, was about to pay $110 for some cheapo's from the local tyre shop. Postage available? Otherwise, how heavy are they? Might be able to sort something out through work.

Alitis007
23rd May 2013, 04:17 PM
Where are you located Teno and how many do you want 5 or 6 ?? I could find the weight of the rim but i think they are around the 17kg mark each

Bloodyaussie
23rd May 2013, 04:23 PM
Im keen, was about to pay $110 for some cheapo's from the local tyre shop. Postage available? Otherwise, how heavy are they? Might be able to sort something out through work.

Where are you mate??

teno45
23rd May 2013, 09:14 PM
Sorry guys, should have said that first. Wagga Wagga, NSW. I Might be able to sort something out with work (regional express airlines) they usually dont like doing personal freight on the planes but I might be able to sort something out.

teno45
23rd May 2013, 09:20 PM
Sorry, I will want 5 wheels.

Alitis007
23rd May 2013, 10:15 PM
Sorry guys, should have said that first. Wagga Wagga, NSW. I Might be able to sort something out with work (regional express airlines) they usually dont like doing personal freight on the planes but I might be able to sort something out.

Sorry, I will want 5 wheels.

All good mate i get the correct weight of the wheels tomorrow, but a few years ago i had a set of wheels made in Sydney and got them sent over night to melb for $60 and they weighed about 50kgs so worst case is a freight company, but let us know if you can ship them mate..

Alitis007
23rd May 2013, 10:16 PM
Here one of the reasons we're choosing the ROH's

macca
24th May 2013, 07:20 AM
Fair go Cuppa I am filthy with you, I have 10 of those rims and paid alot more than that.

Seriously all good mate, good luck to you putting this togeather and sharing on here.

They seem a good product and so far mine have peformred without fault and they look good as well.

The reason I picked them was warrantee as posted above, offset, and too many other people were having trouble with the competitors rims being out of round, **** was one that wouldnt back their product. (dont want to get AB in strife)

Good luck to you all that are getting them, you wont be dissapointed.

Alitis007
24th May 2013, 10:15 AM
Speedy wheels have a good warranty but the arrogant pricks wont deal with me coz i'm not a registered tyre shop!

Winnie
24th May 2013, 12:01 PM
Speedy wheels have a good warranty but the arrogant pricks wont deal with me coz i'm not a registered tyre shop!

They are protecting their best interests mate. Tyre shops won't be happy with ROH if they hear that they are selling direct. In my industry when a supplier deals direct with our customers we stop supporting them... We lost a sale because they went direct.

If you're happy and you know it tap a post!

Alitis007
24th May 2013, 12:19 PM
Actually Chris, i'm using my business name and ABN to deal with these companies and its not the fact of me buying as a public customer but more so that there is no tyre sales in my business name.

So you tell me whats the difference between my shop and a tyre shop?? 1 very small difference is the fact that i'm not buying in bulk but a smaller quantity, i can also deal with tyre wholesalers but unless i buy in bulk my rate will be higher.

Winnie
24th May 2013, 01:33 PM
Yeah that's my point mate... I'm not having a go or anything, I'd do the same thing that you're doing in your position. Why not get the cheapest price you can?

Alitis007
24th May 2013, 02:09 PM
Yeah that's my point mate... I'm not having a go or anything, I'd do the same thing that you're doing in your position. Why not get the cheapest price you can?

I understand where your coming from mate, we're just cutting out the middle man and i'm not putting a profit on top of my trade price from them.

Alitis007
24th May 2013, 02:13 PM
I just spoke to the rep and for those interested the wheels weigh roughly 10kg's also if we get a pallet of 24 he will definitely sell us the wheels closer to the $80 a piece mark rather then $85 to $90

teno45
29th May 2013, 10:03 PM
So whats happening? Are we on for the buy or not enough interest?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Cuppa
31st May 2013, 09:15 AM
So whats happening? Are we on for the buy or not enough interest?

Unfortunately you've missed out, the deadline was 24th May. The wheels have been bought & distributed.

Cuppa

benno77gu
31st May 2013, 11:53 AM
got any pics with the new wheels on fellas

Alitis007
31st May 2013, 11:58 AM
Just tyres mounted to rims
More to come.....

benno77gu
31st May 2013, 12:17 PM
they will look good I put the black round hole dynamics on mine, made it look like a different car

Cuppa
31st May 2013, 12:21 PM
got any pics with the new wheels on fellas

'fraud not, mine are still on their way to me via the generous network of forum members. I should have them tomorrow, but will take a bit longer to get rubber on them. I'm not as quick off he mark as Alitis007 who is running to a timetable.

Cuppa

Alitis007
31st May 2013, 02:56 PM
I'm not on a time table, i'm just impatient lol

teno45
2nd June 2013, 09:59 PM
Unfortunately you've missed out, the deadline was 24th May. The wheels have been bought & distributed.

Cuppa

Ah rito. No worries. I was waiting for the pm with details! Did you get a good price in the end?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Cuppa
2nd June 2013, 10:26 PM
Ah rito. No worries. I was waiting for the pm with details! Did you get a good price in the end?

Teno, apologies if you sent a PM before the 24th & didn't get an answer. If that is what happened I don't know what went wrong. Yep we did get a good price - $85 each.

Cuppa