PDA

View Full Version : Little trip to Toolangi State Forest, Vic in my new Patrol

gingerboy
19th May 2013, 08:20 PM
Just bought myself a Patrol after years of thinking about it and took her up around the Yarra Valley today to get a bit of mud about and shake her down a bit. All good and I never even got the chance/had to put in 4wd! Next weekend...

Pics are only a couple before and after sort of thing. Hope you enjoy.

Avo
19th May 2013, 08:22 PM
it's good getting them dirty hey.now you just have to wash it

AB
19th May 2013, 08:32 PM
Won't be long until a lot of that area is closed off for winter so enjoy it whilst you can mate.

threedogs
19th May 2013, 09:50 PM
Then cleaning the constant cleaning, $20 in $2 coins oh yeah
Nice 4x4 BTW

gingerboy
20th May 2013, 09:38 PM
Thanks guys. Took her for a clean tonight and yep those gold coins disappear quick don't they?! All for a good cause tho (my fun!).

Bloodyaussie
20th May 2013, 09:39 PM
I have it down pat now..... I know how many goldies in advance depending on what I got up to!!!

gingerboy
20th May 2013, 09:42 PM
Whats your knack then Bloodyaussie? I mean what do you go for cleaning wise?! Tonight was about $10 but just a pressure spray, foam brush, pressure rinse and then a quick wax blast for <50 secs. Could've done with wiping down inside the doors/over wheel arches but too lazy :-)

Bloodyaussie
20th May 2013, 09:45 PM
Mate I spend all my time under the bloody car, no wax needed for under there.

Making sure the running gear clean is the most important thing and your mechanic will thank you for it.

gingerboy
20th May 2013, 09:48 PM
Another snap from Sunday's Toolangi state forest drive. Beautiful Yarra ranges scenery.

gingerboy
20th May 2013, 09:49 PM
Mate I spend all my time under the bloody car, no wax needed for under there.

Making sure the running gear clean is the most important thing and your mechanic will thank you for it.

Good tip, thanks mate.

threedogs
20th May 2013, 09:53 PM
Cost about $12 to get most of dirt/mud then back again for a $6 go underneath
Guy at mine gives me tokens now and again.

What tread pattern you running ??

gingerboy
20th May 2013, 10:26 PM
Ta TD. I'll have to get back down there to have a go underneath... Or wait til next Monday night!

Tread pattern...it came with 2 fronts the maxxi bravo and 2 rears + spare bridge stone duelers. I'm hoping to get them all to last another year or so then get something a little bit more aggressive all round...for general capability upgrade really. Sound like a plan?