PDA

View Full Version : Beerburrum State Forest 19/12/2010

Bigrig
22nd December 2010, 09:17 PM
Well, what a day!!! Great day had by all - only 2 members from the forum, but 5 cars, 13 people, a blown fuel pump, a leaking gearbox, panel damage, some bush mechanics, double car snatch recoveries, landcruisers that couldn't get out of where we had just been (lol - long story), and an absolute WORLD of water!!!

Awesome tracks, great creek crossings, and an outstanding hill descent and climb early in the day conquered by dhuck!!! Hope to get more and more people from the forum out to these in future and wouldn't mind doing it on a 2 monthly (if not less) basis.

Hope you enjoy the video!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzcoFOhw-fE

Bigrig
22nd December 2010, 09:41 PM
Thanks mate - yeah, he got through most of everything mate - don't tell me BT50's can't go offroad!! lol ...

Woof
22nd December 2010, 09:55 PM
Thanks heaps for that Scotty, lockers don't we just love them.
Wish I was there mate, looks like some lovely country side.

Bigrig
22nd December 2010, 09:58 PM
Thanks heaps for that Scotty, lockers don't we just love them.
Wish I was there mate, looks like some lovely country side.

It is a beautiful spot actually - heaps of rainforest areas (as you see in the video) mixed in with native bushland ... oh ... and did I mention the water!!!!

patch697
22nd December 2010, 10:02 PM
Top flick BR well worth the second watch too..lol

You blokes look like your right in your element out there & some bloody nice wheel work too.

Thanks for the post mate.

Cheers
Paul

Bigrig
22nd December 2010, 10:20 PM
Top flick BR well worth the second watch too..lol

You blokes look like your right in your element out there & some bloody nice wheel work too.

Thanks for the post mate.

Cheers
Paul

Thanks champion - glad you liked it!! I love seeing the result kept on record, but nice to share it also - always live in hope that it doesn't make me into the worlds first 'short necked goose'!!! lol

Dhuck
22nd December 2010, 10:29 PM
Was a great day even with the non stop rain. Any problems had all happened at the end of the day (thank christ).
Every track had water and/or mud holes. The most extreme was the hill climb. That was just an awesome drive. We just need a few more forum members to come out and have a bit of fun.
Is all about the enjoyment of driving tracks and not knowing what is around the corner, not necessarily about how hard you want to go.

Will have to get a couple of those pics off you Scotty so I can start a thread on the pigtrol.

Bigrig
22nd December 2010, 10:31 PM
Was a great day even with the non stop rain. Any problems had all happened at the end of the day (thank christ).
Every track had water and/or mud holes. The most extreme was the hill climb. That was just an awesome drive. We just need a few more forum members to come out and have a bit of fun.
Is all about the enjoyment of driving tracks and not knowing what is around the corner, not necessarily about how hard you want to go.

Will have to get a couple of those pics off you Scotty so I can start a thread on the pigtrol.

Too easy mate - PM me your email address and I'll start firing them over.

Clunk
23rd December 2010, 02:34 AM
Almost forgot what water looked like until i saw that vid. Looks like a lot of fun.

Bigrig
23rd December 2010, 08:51 AM
Mate - I don't think we will ever again forget what it looks like - we are bracing ourselves for (so the news says) another 200mm before Christmas Day ... it's just depressive now ... never seen anything like it ...

That said - great for a bit of 4wd fun!!!

Finly Owner
24th December 2010, 12:23 AM
Don't htink Finly would've made it with open air filter box and no snorkel AND NO lift!!

Dhuck
24th December 2010, 01:25 AM
Mate you could have done it with a filter box. But the BT50 and Rubicon went through everything else fine.