PDA

View Full Version : TD42 , FS5R50B gearbox

jackal2828
13th May 2013, 03:11 PM
hello everyone , im a newby to this forum and looking for a little advise on my TD42.
The main shaft and O/D gear stripped at 180,000 km and needs to be replaced i got one from patrol a part in Melb for $400 new and a bearing kit for $500, Got the box out and stripped down but wondering if their are any problems i have to look out for in pulling the 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th gears with the main shaft out ?
Has anyone done the rebuild before .

MudRunnerTD
13th May 2013, 03:39 PM
Few guys have mate. Answers are here. Hang around a d you will find your answers

jackal2828
22nd May 2013, 01:13 PM
Hello all , need some help with the box unable to use any manuals on here yet so after anyone that has a break down diagram of the sincro hubs on third and revs , need to know I have all the clips in the right way before the install I will post a couple of pics #1 is third gear # 2 is of revs hopefully I have the right clips and retainers for the right sincro hubs

88GQwithlift
29th June 2013, 11:01 AM
take note of postions before disassembly young grasshopper.. i ran into same problem with a hilus box.. rang toyota and got a printout of the section in there manuals..