PDA

View Full Version : Eoi: Nissan patrol gu 1999 2.8td

Timbo
9th May 2013, 11:35 PM
Expression of interest.

Been hanging off from posting it up here and I still am hesitant in an official sense, hence why this is an EOI. I'm usually good with my post formatting, but it's late at night and this is a spare of the moment thing.

Wanting to sell my other patrol. Here are the facts;

-Was in a soft roll a couple years ago. Was repaired by a panel beater after work hours over the course of many, many months by him at my house (at the time). While it wasn't repaired "officially" and I don't have a reciept of repair (cash job) It was all done by the panel beater and he did a good job.

-Have reciepts for almost all mechanical work done to the car when I was driving it. I haven't tallied up the total cost and frankly, I think it'll be depressing if I do. To list a few great things this car has had done in no particular order;

Chip (50 rear wheel kilowatts on 35's.. this is actually pretty damn reasonable for a 2.8 pushing big tyres)
Changeover A/C
Recoditioned Gearbox
New Clutch with Solid Flywheel conversion
New DIff bearings
Reco motor (motor had about 268,000km's on the clock. Hasn't done a great deal since rebuild. Maybe 20, 000? Maybe 30,000? Can't remember.. flat battery at the moment.)
New Cam Shaft (factory spec)
Reconditioned Turbo
New starter motor
Replaced Auto hubs with reco units
Brand New Cooper ATR discoverer's. x5
Major services
Reciepts for almost everything

Here's some accessories.. probably will forget the odd thing.

Dual Batteries with Pirahna management
Bullbar, IPF type spotties
Stereo
CB
Trademan Roof Rack (currently off the car)
Had drawers but took them out (so the back of the car is stripped out)
Clean interior
Resprayed dash and trims
ECU Talk computer (gives readouts of various things.. you can google ECUTalk)
LED lighting in the cabin
HID headlights

The car is perfect for someone who wants a Patrol to work on and do up. All it needs is some TLC on the body side of things. Mechanically, the car is great. Drives really well.

All the car needs is a new paint job honestly. As it stands, the body is 99% straight. There's a few stand out things that I personally don't want to sell it with but I dont have the time or patience to fix;

There is a golf ball sized ding in the bonnet (probably a bit smaller than a golf ball really)

There's some minor surface rust on the passenger door where I haven't bothered to paint over the primer.. I should probably just wet and dry rub it and get spray it with a spray can.

There's some scratches on the drivers door from when I was in a deep rut which had stones and debris in it which rubbed up against the door.

There's some rub through marks around the top of the rear pillars from when I tried to paint it in a hurry after the inital roof repair. There were runs in the paint and I tried to rub them out about 2 months ago but rubbed through, so i continued to sand them out with the intention of repainting the car.. I just don't have the money or the time anymore. Again, should get a can of white spray paint and just cover the rub throughs.

Tacho doesn't work (that's why I bought the ECUTalk because it has a digital tacho) however my mechanic did have the tacho working at one stage.. why didn't he fix it! Grrr.

It's got flat battery at the moment.

Spent the money to get the car mechanically AI. Would be great to see someone buy it and fix up the paint and enjoy the car, or if someone wants to part it out, probably get a fair bit back on it really. Great engine, gearbox, diffs etc all in great condition.

So if anyone is interested, PM me with your thoughts and any offers. Make the offers reasonable obviously. I can supply any pictures required but I'm not posting them here yet unless I get serious enquirys.

Car is not registered but is drivable.

Cheers.

obsessed
11th May 2013, 10:27 AM
Can you send me pics and an approx. price to 0432744078

Timbo
11th May 2013, 11:17 AM
No worries. I'll get it done now.

Timbo
11th May 2013, 11:42 AM
Decided to upload images in case anyone else is interested in seeing them.

Asking price is $8k

Any reasonable offer is welcome.

Timbo
23rd May 2013, 07:13 PM
Spose I better write SOLD here.

AB
23rd May 2013, 08:11 PM
Spose I better write SOLD here.

Should of given me those brand spaken new tyres before you sold that car you dirty dog....LMAO

NissanGQ4.2
25th May 2013, 07:16 AM
Thread Closed