PDA

View Full Version : bucket seats for 2012 ute

jenkinsdrew
7th May 2013, 10:57 PM
Hey guys just wondering if anyone can help me.
Im looking in to putting bench seat in my ute, can it be done? Is it legal? Am I legally allowed to put a baby seat in it? Any feed back would be appreciated

MEGOMONSTER
8th May 2013, 06:55 AM
Ummm, your heading says bucket seat and I light up. Your post says bench seat and I dimmed down. Lol

Winnie
8th May 2013, 07:14 AM
Go on Mego, we know you want to.

If you're happy and you know it tap a post!

Bloodyaussie
8th May 2013, 08:19 AM
First thing I bloody thought of when I saw the thread... you know you want to big boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cuppa
8th May 2013, 08:20 AM
I am today intending to swap the 2.5 bench seat for a bucket seat in my ute. Have been looking for a bucket at a reasonable price for some time, & recently had someone contact me wanting to do a swap. Having been originally built with the bench seat my compliance plate says seating for 3, in a ute supplied with bucket seats the compliance plate will say seating for 2. Strictly speaking I think that if the number of seats does not comply with the the compliance plate the car would fail a roadworthy. Such changes should be done through an engineer, which is silly seeing's as the swap over is straightforward using existing mounting poits & original bolts. Imhanlo (in my humble & not legal opinion) the best thing to do if you don't want to pay to get it engineered (& thus a new compliance plate with the correct seating number on it) is to hang on to the old seat so you can replace it at roadworthy time. Clearly I will be unable to do this, leaving the possibility of having to buy another bench seat if & when I ever need to get a roadworthy. Whether it is considered any worse or not to increase rather than decrease the number of seats I don't know, but I doubt it. I must admit that I feel comfortable knowing that the swap is safe, & would hope that a roadworthy inspection would not pick up on it, but accept that I might get unlucky. I would think the chances of it getting picked up at any other time would be exceptionally remote..........but the bottom line is that it is only fully legal if approved by an engineer.

Cuppa

MEGOMONSTER
8th May 2013, 12:20 PM
go on mego, we know you want to.

lmao.........

MEGOMONSTER
8th May 2013, 12:25 PM
First thing I bloody thought of when I saw the thread... you know you want to big boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright boys, you asked for it.
Here are my custom leather bucket seat in my 2011 wagon.

CorbinsGUte
8th May 2013, 12:30 PM
Im pretty certain you can't put a baby seat in because of the air bag so ive been told.
Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

MEGOMONSTER
8th May 2013, 03:35 PM
Im pretty certain you can't put a baby seat in because of the air bag so ive been told.
Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

This is correct

threedogs
8th May 2013, 05:16 PM
if I had a ute, the first thing I would do is fit 2 bucket seats and a centre console, I've been in ute with 3 not so squeezy'
As Cuppa suggests you'd be stiff to be pinged for two bucket seats if done neatly.
@ mego good on you for bowing to the pressure to show those wonderful leather seats lol again lol