PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all 4wd enthusiast !

Kitchenwise
24th June 2010, 09:16 PM
Hi all,

Just found out about this forum yesterday, so I thought I better join in and say hello to everyone in here! I drive GU TD4.2 and I’ve had her for more than a decade! Before that I’ve driven many 4wd, like Sierra, Jeep, HiLux, etc. Since then, I have been working and modifying her, spending a lots of times and coins, made her very capable truck so I can play rough and can take me go further on difficult terrain! But I think from now on, I’ll stick to touring style driving, enjoy the company of the people I am with !

Cheers,

Here's the pict of my girl!

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt102/Djarambah/Playin-1.jpg

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt102/Djarambah/crossing8.jpg

Chris60
24th June 2010, 09:19 PM
Nice patrol mate, welcome to the forums.

Where abouts are those photos taken?

Nissan Kid
24th June 2010, 09:22 PM
Welcome Mate
Great looking GU, Why not do a full write up for all to view in the Members rides Section :)
Cheers

AB
24th June 2010, 09:23 PM
Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask anything mate.

Kitchenwise
24th June 2010, 09:30 PM
Hey Chris,
The top one was under the power line in Gemby and the bottom one was crossing Goulborne river after toring from Mt Skene on Lazarini spur, on the way to Mt. Terrible via Poletti tk.

Cheers,

Kitchenwise
24th June 2010, 09:38 PM
Welcome Mate
Great looking GU, Why not do a full write up for all to view in the Members rides Section :)
Cheers

Thank's mate, yeah..maybe next time ! but for now I just wanna enjoy my stay with you all

Cheers,

Johnno
24th June 2010, 09:40 PM
Welcome mate!

Kitchenwise
24th June 2010, 09:43 PM
Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask anything mate.

Thank's Andy ! so you are the forum God in here, I better be good then huh......!:p

Kitchenwise
24th June 2010, 09:45 PM
Welcome mate!

Thank's Johnno!

AB
24th June 2010, 09:49 PM
Thank's Andy ! so you are the forum God in here, I better be good then huh......!:p

haha, someone has to keep an eye out from people spamming links to bad sites.

before that question and answer category in the registration process we were getting hit hard with po*rn, gamb*ling and other assortments all day long.

It was a nightmare keeping on top of it!

p.s KitchenWise?....what does that relate to?

Nissan Kid
24th June 2010, 09:54 PM
Mmm, Mabey he can cook. Defiantly going on a forum meet up with you ;)

patch697
24th June 2010, 11:51 PM
Glad to see you made it here Mate (nice Rig BTW) & look forward to chatting with you. Cheers Paul

Timbo
25th June 2010, 09:19 AM
Welcome to the forums mate!

I've got a couple of scratches and dings from the powerline track at gembrook. Rolled my car not far from there (labertouche).. awesome area isn't it?

Post some more pics and a write up about your rig in the members section. Would love to see more.

DX grunt
25th June 2010, 09:28 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

RustyNails
25th June 2010, 11:23 AM
Welcome along
I have never seen a Nissan/AirTec snorkle with a big pre-cleaner like that before.
Nice photos BTW

Paul

Woof
25th June 2010, 07:40 PM
Welcome mate

Kitchenwise
26th June 2010, 10:55 PM
haha, someone has to keep an eye out from people spamming links to bad sites.

before that question and answer category in the registration process we were getting hit hard with po*rn, gamb*ling and other assortments all day long.

It was a nightmare keeping on top of it!

Hi Andy,

I understand it's not an easy job to monitor and maintain the site, good on you and thank's for providing the service ! The reason I pick or use Kitchenwise as my user name, maybe because I am a Chef and I have been working in a very busy commercial kitchen for more than three decades. After all those years, it’s made me a bit wiser to deal and working under a huge pressure I guess ! I've been 4wding since I was a kid, it's my passion! My very first car was FJ 40! LOL.

AB
26th June 2010, 10:57 PM
Hi Andy,

I understand it's not an easy job to monitor and maintain the site, good on you and thank's for providing the service ! The reason I pick or use Kitchenwise as my user name, maybe because I am a Chef and I have been working in a very busy commercial kitchen for more than three decades. After all those years, it’s made me a bit wiser to deal and working under a huge pressure I guess ! I've been 4wding since I was a kid, it's my passion! My very first car was FJ 40! LOL.

That's going back a bit mate. I still have my FJ45 and use it to cart water and fire wood. Great old cars, never misses a beat, still got the original 2F motor too.

My friend also has been a chef for the last 15 years and recently retired. He still can't sleep at night with the body clock on night mode.

Kitchenwise
26th June 2010, 10:58 PM
G'day Kitchenwise, as RustyNails said I've also never seen a big pre-cleaner on a Patrol before. Usually see them on the Landcruisers. Can you let us know what you think of it? I do a lot of outback touring and have often thought about installing one of these. If they are effective I think I'll get one.

Cheers mate.

Usually I only put it on when I am travelling on very dusty road/trek, especially when we are travelling in convoy ! It’s help quite a bit collecting dust and bugs before getting in to the air filter. I use Donaldson pre air cleaner on standard GU snorkel !

mudduck
27th June 2010, 09:05 AM
welcome mate, gotta love a td42.

Finly Owner
23rd August 2010, 10:43 PM
Hi I'm Tim what's your handle?