PDA

View Full Version : GQ Ute door hinges

JacquiO
21st December 2010, 08:16 PM
Has anyone changed these before, worked out it is not the lock on the door even though we bought a new one and replaced the lot. and I am still getting locked in the car.

So after being continually locked in the car in the passenger seat and the hubby using some very very choice words and alot of head scratching and some good advice was told it was the door hinges. So here is my question?

Is it easy to replace the door hinges?
or what price do you think a mechanic will charge.

ps bought genuine parts from Nissan after I was told the ones you buy on Ebay may need to be replaced often.

Cheers
Jacqui:santa:

MQ MAD
22nd December 2010, 01:40 PM
Door hinges fairly easy,best to remove front guard if ya can
Bitta stuffin around getting it lined up properly
What would a mechanic charge,be a good few hours for untrained at there $80+++ an hour
Could cost a bit

89GQ
22nd December 2010, 07:28 PM
PM the ferret on here that does the de-flators etc. he does reco hinges with bronze pins and will last forever. Never get the ones of Ebay. OOps see you allready bought originals, when they go get ferrets, they will outlast the car.

JacquiO
22nd December 2010, 09:00 PM
Got the originals for the passenger door but will be getting a set for the drivers door of the Ferret in the new year, cant rush the hubby to do two doors may take a few 4x to get one hinge done lol.

Thanks
Jacqui

89GQ
22nd December 2010, 09:26 PM
Got the originals for the passenger door but will be getting a set for the drivers door of the Ferret in the new year, cant rush the hubby to do two doors may take a few 4x to get one hinge done lol.

Thanks
JacquiNah well ya cant rush these things!haha, But yeh ferrets are good!

zmaster
24th December 2010, 11:06 PM
Hi Jacqui
Replaced a mates hinges off ebay six months ago, will need to replace again soon, they are crap, definitely go genuine.
Changing them is not difficult, however need to remove guards, unless you are contortionist, may be tightened with guard in place, but tricky.

Have a merry xmas

zoro

GQ UTE
1st January 2011, 07:43 PM
Had the ferret do my hinges a while back and definately worth it guys!
8 months on and still going strong!

moo_r32
26th April 2011, 12:51 PM
how much does ferret charge?

the ferret
26th April 2011, 01:37 PM
how much does ferret charge?

I've sent you a PM, cheers Rod.