PDA

View Full Version : queen merry falls , condamine river rd

gaddy
5th May 2013, 09:01 PM
Went for a bit of a drive today the kids wanted water falls , so thought we havent been this way for a while , headed out to queen merry falls stoped for lunch , and a walk then went on to kilerany and down the condamine river rd , its still a good drive even got a bit of mud on the wheels , most of the creeks were only 6 inches deep , but still a good day out , have to do a weekend trip next time as the kids wanted to play in the creeks ,

cheeres steve

Sir Roofy
5th May 2013, 09:16 PM
well done mate looks great

Bloodyaussie
5th May 2013, 09:33 PM
Lovely jubbly!!!!!!!

Dhuck
5th May 2013, 10:10 PM
Is a beautiful place up that way. Me and my missus have done that trip many a time.

Woof
5th May 2013, 10:34 PM
Looks like a great place, thanks for the photos Steve

gaddy
6th May 2013, 09:39 PM
Yes it is a nice spot had not been on the river rd for about 10 years we used to do a lot of camping down around urbanville might plan a weekend done to paddies flat on the clarance river, for something a bit different

Steve

macca86
6th May 2013, 10:13 PM
I see 200 bucks to be made from the dog scalp but nice place we are out that way all the time

keithtrol gq
8th April 2014, 06:41 AM
Hey mate how far is the trip to condamine from gladstone? I'm new to the forum, looks great!

gaddy
8th April 2014, 09:22 AM
Yeah it's a nice trip , it's on the NSW QLD border about 50 km east of Warwick ,

Thirsty
19th April 2014, 08:38 PM
I went out there today and it was closed

lhurley
19th April 2014, 09:32 PM

Anything to say why? Maybe they had a bit of rain?

gaddy
20th April 2014, 07:21 AM
It can be closed after rain when I did this trip the signs where up at the Boona end of the track , we drove to the falls and out to Killarney , the track was open at that end , got talking to some locals , they reckoned the sign at the Boona end never gets removed ,

04OFF
20th April 2014, 08:00 AM

Maybe they heard you coming Troy, and so quickly closed it off because they thought it was some hoon in a V8 commodore ? :tease: (bbwahaha !)

Are you talking the track , road or the actual falls got closed Troy ?

Steveo, can you post up a bigger version of the pic with your car crossing the water ? (looks like a nice shot)

gaddy
20th April 2014, 05:13 PM
Steveo, can you post up a bigger version of the pic with your car crossing the water ? (looks like a nice shot)[/QUOTE]

Wish I could Steve , Ella took it and long deleated from her camera , we will have to go again and take some more , I recken a qld day trip is in order ?

lhurley
20th April 2014, 09:59 PM
Wish I could Steve , Ella took it and long deleated from her camera , we will have to go again and take some more , I recken a qld day trip is in order ?

I'm keen to do condamine again.

nissannewby
22nd April 2014, 10:33 AM
Steveo, can you post up a bigger version of the pic with your car crossing the water ? (looks like a nice shot)

Wish I could Steve , Ella took it and long deleated from her camera , we will have to go again and take some more , I recken a qld day trip is in order ?[/QUOTE]

Get the ball rolling Steve. I'm keen and prob would have a few others interested.

Oversize
22nd April 2014, 12:43 PM
435784357943577If you are heading out this way, watch this space. I have a crew from the forum casing my property on the ANZAC weekend (113 acres/5 dams/lots of rocks) and if all goes well, I shall be inviting members to come visit. I have a few trees need moving, the odd new track to open up and a permanent hangi pit... AB has already signed up for one of his forays up this way. Also keen to get a few workshops happening in my shed (will have to move the 2 patrols, tractor, forklift, rideon, quad bike, ATV, 2 motorbikes and a few scooters and billy carts out of the way...)

Any takers...

nissannewby
22nd April 2014, 01:07 PM
Not this weekend. But would be keen any other time to bring the ute and bike up for a play.

bignev
22nd April 2014, 06:04 PM
Was there last Saturday. Its a great drive.

gaddy
22nd April 2014, 07:58 PM

Get the ball rolling Steve. I'm keen and prob would have a few others interested.[/QUOTE]

What days suit you with work , and anyone else who might be interested , I'm out this weekend but maybe 2 -3 weeks time , day trip with lunch by the creek ?

nissannewby
22nd April 2014, 08:09 PM
What days suit you with work , and anyone else who might be interested , I'm out this weekend but maybe 2 -3 weeks time , day trip with lunch by the creek ?

Any weekend mate will be fine. Towards the end of May would prob suit better. I have to catch up a little from these 2 long weekends and got to help the folks move around the 17th and 18th.

lhurley
22nd April 2014, 08:11 PM
Get the ball rolling Steve. I'm keen and prob would have a few others interested.[/QUOTE

I can't in 2 weeks but keen for in 3.
Sunday Mondays are best for me too

gaddy
23rd April 2014, 12:45 PM
No worries due to a change of plans heading to DI teewah this weekend so will pick a date when we get back

Steve

Oldmate1
24th April 2014, 05:58 PM
No worries due to a change of plans heading to DI teewah this weekend so will pick a date when we get back

Steve
Watch out coming home cops had whole beach closed for rbt
On Monday

gaddy
24th April 2014, 08:03 PM
Thanks mate , thought they would be , I actually think its a good thing that their up there , keeps the idiot factor away

Oldmate1
24th April 2014, 08:41 PM
Thanks mate , thought they would be , I actually think its a good thing that their up there , keeps the idiot factor away

There was still a few di#ks up there