PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE - Southern Cross Family Touring Tent

Cuppa
2nd May 2013, 06:22 PM
FOR SALE

Southern Cross Canvas family touring tent

We bought this tent a number of years ago for an extended trip around Australia which never eventuated, but have used the tent for a number of short holidays & weekends.

An extremely high quality tent in great condition. It has always been properly stored so has never had any mildew problems. It has as many years of use left in it as you could want.

We called it a 'marriage saver' because it is so easy & quick to erect. Without exception, on every occasion we have ever put it up we have commented on what a great purchase it was, truly.

This is the model that many touring companies use because it is so tough. Heavy duty canvas (there are cheaper thinner copies) & a sewn in heavy duty vinyl floor. We once stupidly camped in a dry creek bed & it rained overnight. We awoke to what was effectively a waterbed, in the middle of several inches of running water. Not a drop came inside the tent.

The tent will easily accommodate a family of 4 plus their gear. If need be you could sleep 6 in it.

It has had a minor repair to a small hole through the canvas & the floor. The repair in no way affects the integrity of the tent. It was caused by a foolish father demonstrating to his young son why putting an empty aerosol can onto a fire (some distance from the tent) was a stupid thing to do. Both learned a lesson!

The tent comes with an additional awning made also by Southern Cross, which clips onto the front of the tent & can be erected in several different ways.

Although not a 'lightweight' the tent packs to a size & shape suitable for either a roof rack or the rear of a station wagon.

The tent is for sale because it hasn't been used in the past 10 years. We do still carry an additional tent with our camper for use as a 'day room' in poor weather, an OzTent RV3, & would have used the Southern Cross if it had fitted the available storage space. Although much heavier duty than the OzTent, it is comparable in it's simplicity & quick erection time.

Location is in Gippsland Victoria, but may be able to freight at buyers cost.

Asking price is $500.

MudRunnerTD
2nd May 2013, 07:53 PM
Healy you should buy this tent mate! Anyone going on the Simpson meetup should give this some thought! Great size cuppa!

If I did not have an OzTent RV4 I'd be all over that!

Bloodyaussie
2nd May 2013, 09:05 PM
So tempting........????

Maxhead
2nd May 2013, 09:17 PM
So tempting........????

Just buy it! the price is right

Cuppa
2nd May 2013, 09:40 PM
Just buy it! the price is right

Doesn't include the missus!

Bloodyaussie
2nd May 2013, 10:10 PM
Just got out of hospital and am still drugged up so I have told not to make important decisions or sign legal documents or drive a car....yeah i know!!!!!!!