PDA

View Full Version : wa members attending the meetup in the middle

Stropp
1st May 2013, 02:28 PM
hey guys i thought i would throw this up to see who is interested in going and when you are leaving etc so we can organise ourselves , i was thinking of doing the nullabour straight over but then i thought i might go via the great central road and back through the flinders ranges and back across the nullabour, i am taking three weeks so one week prior one to do the simpson and one to travel back home, anyone interested??:feedback:

oncedisturbed
1st May 2013, 04:37 PM
Are there dates confirmed yet? We are keen but will need to know dates and won't be able to allocate any leave until end of the year

rottodiver
1st May 2013, 04:50 PM
We are going but out times are slightly different due to school holidays, we are leaving the Friday afternoon and taking the central " short cut" stopping at Ayers Rock and then coming back down birdsville track and across the nullabor also taking 3 weeks but taking our time coming back...... Also 99 per cent taking camper trailer
Scotty

Stropp
1st May 2013, 06:13 PM
tuesday 1st july at dalhousie springs is the meetup with all the others, i am thinking of leaving thurday 26th june 2014or friday and travelling via the great central rd and ayers rock then meet the others in dalhousie, i also beleive there is a road from ayers rock to finke without going via the bitumen.

DX grunt
1st May 2013, 09:06 PM
I'm on the fence, still. lol.

Looking at options on which route to take. Will get back to you all shortly.

Depends on my holiday dates, too.

Rossco

Woof
2nd May 2013, 01:44 AM
Hell I'm easy, will be taking 4 weeks off work anyway

MudRunnerTD
2nd May 2013, 12:29 PM
tuesday 1st july at dalhousie springs is the meetup with all the others, i am thinking of leaving thurday 26th june 2014or friday and travelling via the great central rd and ayers rock then meet the others in dalhousie, i also beleive there is a road from ayers rock to finke without going via the bitumen.

Your looking for the Ghan Heritage trail. If you have time then a night at Chambers Piller is recommended before heading into Mt Dare for fuel and down to Dalhousie.

MudRunnerTD
2nd May 2013, 12:30 PM
He Great Central Rd is a Permit road and comes out at the Olgas which are special too.

Stropp
2nd May 2013, 01:31 PM
thank MR, i have most info on the great central and the other road as a mate did it last year and a motorbike so will be getting all his info, he is also doing it in his 4b early next year with the family.

russ81
3rd May 2013, 09:52 PM
I'm in guys, have subscribed to this to keep updated info.

Can't wait

Sent while temporally motionless

rottodiver
3rd May 2013, 10:50 PM
You ain't alone Russ... I think we are all pretty excited.... Shame it is so far away but I guess that adds to the excitement.

Scotty

Stropp
11th May 2013, 12:19 AM
Ok guys any updates for this, I am taking 3 weeks as I said, I am looking at heading back through the flinders ranges ie wilpena pound and quorn for at least a couple of days to check out my old haunts.

russ81
11th May 2013, 12:21 AM
I'm planning the use great central for one way as I haven't been to ularu yet

Stropp
11th May 2013, 12:57 AM
Yeh I'm goin over that way as its more direct!

rottodiver
11th May 2013, 08:30 AM
I'm planning the use great central for one way as I haven't been to ularu yet

Same here........ Will save about a 1000 Kms going that way as well

Scotty

Stropp
11th May 2013, 11:04 AM
I think we should get together to organise things for the trip, an ideal time would be the wa forum get together at dwellingup for a starter, any takers??

rottodiver
11th May 2013, 11:06 AM
I am 99 per cent there for dwellingup!!

Woof
11th May 2013, 05:13 PM
I think we should get together to organise things for the trip, an ideal time would be the wa forum get together at dwellingup for a starter, any takers??

Great idea there mate, looking forward to it

DX grunt
11th May 2013, 06:02 PM
Whom is one to see about permits for the Great Central Road and any other road we need a permit for?

Rossco

russ81
11th May 2013, 07:43 PM
I believe central land council handles the permits

Sent while temporally motionless

DX grunt
12th May 2013, 11:06 AM
http://forms.clc.org.au/OnlinePermits/selfissue/applicantdetails.aspx?0=Transit

http://forms.clc.org.au/OnlinePermits/ApplicantDetails.aspx?0=Entry

Is this the only form we need? Not sure exactly which roads you (and probably me too) will be using

rottodiver
12th May 2013, 11:13 AM
The way I read that is "if continuing on this road in wa you need to contact Ngaanyatjarra Council" so I am guessing there is more..
Scotty

rottodiver
12th May 2013, 11:18 AM
Great website and also permit request and info here
http://www.outbackway.org.au/get-permits.html

Scotty

DX grunt
12th May 2013, 11:21 AM
Great website and also permit request and info here
http://www.outbackway.org.au/get-permits.html

Scotty

Thanks,Scotty. You're the man. lol

Avo
23rd May 2013, 07:19 PM
Guys i'm so keen for this as we try and do one good trip a year.Just got back from karratha and millstrean np.So i reckon we are more than a maybe and more like a yeah baby..Will be keen to catch up with a few of you people at dwellingup.I will bring my family along aswell and will try and find out more info whether i will bring camper trasiler or just a couple of good tents.Do have cheapies for the coast but i reckon it'll get cold out there.Keen to do it the great central road aswell

Stropp
24th May 2013, 01:14 AM
Look forward to catching up mate.

rottodiver
24th May 2013, 09:02 AM
Look forward to catching up mate.

X2
Scotty

P.s I am more than likely looking at taking the camper trailer

Woof
3rd June 2013, 07:34 PM
It looks like I will not be able to attend due to the Kids Convoy on the 29th...........disappointed but also proud to be involved in the fundraising for SIDS, so all is good

Stropp
3rd June 2013, 09:04 PM
Yeh I thought about that too but had already committed to the Simpson but will help out the convoy where I can.

MudRunnerTD
3rd June 2013, 09:28 PM
It looks like I will not be able to attend due to the Kids Convoy on the 29th...........disappointed but also proud to be involved in the fundraising for SIDS, so all is good

Bugger Doggy!!!!

Man! really! Damn!

Mate can you do that then scoot straight over. Be a couple of big days the kick back with the crew.

This is going to be an extraordinary event mate., would be disappointing if you don't make it mate.

Woof
3rd June 2013, 10:33 PM
Bugger Doggy!!!!

Man! really! Damn!

Mate can you do that then scoot straight over. Be a couple of big days the kick back with the crew.

This is going to be an extraordinary event mate., would be disappointing if you don't make it mate.
Going to try but it only gives me one day to get to Dalhousie Springs

TheFlyingBadger
3rd June 2013, 11:51 PM

it's only 2800km mate....

TheFlyingBadger
5th June 2013, 06:54 PM

Wayne

I'm probably going to be in the same boat - i fancy some long trips.... would be coming back the sloooooow way though

Monsieur le Badger

MudRunnerTD
5th June 2013, 07:04 PM
Bugger! i know its a big call but can you entertain moving the Drive for a Cure to the weekend before? or even the Saturday? i have no doubt that many of the WA contingent would be keen to attend both events. I know that the rest of us would be happy to sit at Dalhousie for an extra day enjoying each others company while you guys take the fast road over and maybe do the backway on the way home?

TheFlyingBadger
5th June 2013, 07:21 PM
Bugger! i know its a big call but can you entertain moving the Drive for a Cure to the weekend before? or even the Saturday? i have no doubt that many of the WA contingent would be keen to attend both events. I know that the rest of us would be happy to sit at Dalhousie for an extra day enjoying each others company while you guys take the fast road over and maybe do the backway on the way home?

it's scheduled for that weekend because of the fact that it's red nose day then. maximum publicity for the charity. it's a bitch, but can't be helped... :(

2800km is the google maps estimate, its going to be pushing shit uphill......

TheFlyingBadger
5th June 2013, 07:22 PM
anyhow, my current plans have me going over to the high country for the national meetup for "the other place" ;) in November too.....

MudRunnerTD
5th June 2013, 08:02 PM
anyhow, my current plans have me going over to the high country for the national meetup for "the other place" ;) in November too.....

Is " the other place" patrol4x4? I did not know they were having a national Meetup, let alone on in Vic in November lol.

Oh well.

TheFlyingBadger
5th June 2013, 11:51 PM
Is " the other place" patrol4x4? I did not know they were having a national Meetup, let alone on in Vic in November lol.

Oh well.

see you there then ;)

Stropp
6th June 2013, 12:34 AM

Mate I assume you will still be leading the dwelly trip as I cannot get away until later on Saturday?

Woof
6th June 2013, 12:45 AM
Mate I assume you will still be leading the dwelly trip as I cannot get away until later on Saturday?

What Dwelly trip???????????????

oncedisturbed
6th June 2013, 10:25 AM
From memory WPC have a dwelly trip this weekend and NP have a trip on tje 27th

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

TheFlyingBadger
6th June 2013, 10:10 PM

stropp, you're a year out..... :P

Stropp
6th June 2013, 10:15 PM
stropp, you're a year out..... :P

I don't think so as we are having a forum meet this July to organise the Simmo trip next year ;)

TheFlyingBadger
6th June 2013, 10:17 PM
I don't think so as we are having a forum meet this July to organise the Simmo trip next year ;)

now *I'M* confused....

:D

Stropp
6th June 2013, 10:17 PM
What Dwelly trip???????????????

The 27 th July forum meet up and discuss the Simmo trip, forgotten that you were leading this?

Clunk
6th June 2013, 10:22 PM
now *I'M* confused....

Now why doesn't surprise me :D

Tapped on crappola MC

Stropp
6th June 2013, 10:23 PM
This one badger http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?18172-WA-forum-meet-Dwellingup-27th-july

Clunk
6th June 2013, 10:24 PM
The 27 th July forum meet up and discuss the Simmo trip, forgotten that you were leading this?

Didn't you know Stropp, he's selling his Q to buy a scooter ;)

Tapped on crappola MC

Stropp
6th June 2013, 10:26 PM
Joining the devils undies scooter cub?

Clunk
6th June 2013, 10:40 PM
Joining the devils undies scooter cub?

More like the Blue Oyster club :D

Tapping on the Tab via MC

Woof
7th June 2013, 12:45 AM
Now I am confused...LOL

howezit
15th June 2013, 12:45 AM
now *I'M* confused....

That was easy ;)

howezit
15th June 2013, 12:49 AM
Add me to this list of WA guys.
It's pretty damn close to definite that I'll be joining you :)
Stropp.. your plans for the trip there and back seem good.. I'll more than likely join you.

Avo
15th June 2013, 11:13 AM
here ya go http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?18172-WA-forum-meet-Dwellingup-27th-july hope that helps ya frail minds,don't worry i'm not having a shot at ya i'm about the same most days

Stropp
24th June 2013, 12:04 AM
For those that don't know we are having a forum get together in dwellingup 27 th July and we will be having a quick show of hands and discussion about this trip so please come down and get to meet the others who may be going and we can get some preps underway for this momentous trip.

Stropp
24th June 2013, 10:49 AM
So Please add your name to the below list for WA members

definate
Stropp
Howezit
MyTroll90

maybe

howezit
24th June 2013, 10:57 AM
So Please add your name to the below list for WA members

definate
Stropp
Howezit
MyTroll90 (off WPC forum)

maybe

I'll get Matt to formally put up his own post as well.

Stropp
24th June 2013, 11:11 AM
too early in the morning graham

Stropp
24th June 2013, 11:32 AM
getting numbers organised So Please add your name to the below list for WA members,

definate
Stropp
Howezit
MyTroll90

maybe[/QUOTE]

Avo
24th June 2013, 03:50 PM
wa 489 is a definite. cheers.

Stropp
24th June 2013, 04:12 PM
another one for WA members,

definate
Stropp
Howezit
MyTroll90
wa 489

maybe

DX grunt
24th June 2013, 08:52 PM

definate
Stropp
Howezit
MyTroll90
wa 489

maybe

Add DX grunt to the definites, as long as it's on the bitumen. lol

Stropp
24th June 2013, 09:02 PM

Definate

Stropp
Howezit
MyTroll90
wa 489
DX Grunt

maybe

UKKiwi
26th June 2013, 12:55 AM

Definate

Stropp
Howezit
MyTroll90
wa 489
DX Grunt

maybe

Very Tentative
UKKiwi. We'll see what happens!

oncedisturbed
30th July 2013, 02:40 PM
add me as a maybe but it's looking good so far

MudRunnerTD
30th July 2013, 03:47 PM
Awesome guys! Can't wait to meet you all!

oncedisturbed
30th July 2013, 04:03 PM
just allocated dates for leave so awaiting confirmation but have allocated 37 days for prep, packing, travel, return etc so here's hoping

Stropp
30th July 2013, 04:34 PM
just allocated dates for leave so awaiting confirmation but have allocated 37 days for prep, packing, travel, return etc so here's hoping

good news mate, i have booked 3 weeks but getting my daughter over a few days either side just in case.

howezit
13th August 2013, 06:29 PM

Definate

Stropp
Howezit
MyTroll90
wa 489
DX Grunt

maybe
MyTroll90 won't be making it :(
And I'm a maybe now...

DX grunt
13th August 2013, 06:58 PM
I'm putting in for leave from 23 Jun - 21 July. That will give me some leeway either side.

Not sure if I'll get it, but I'll be fighting for it.

Rossco

Stropp
13th August 2013, 07:02 PM
good one rossco fingers crossed

Stropp
13th August 2013, 07:04 PM
updated list some of the guys have to go earlier due to business and family commitments

Definate
Stropp
wa 489
DX Grunt

maybe
Howezit
UKKIWI
Once disturbed

oncedisturbed
13th August 2013, 09:03 PM
My leave dates are nearly the same as Rosco's and can't confirm for another weeks until mngmnt approve it but looking good so far

Never underestimate the power of the darkside, let the tap flow through you.

Stropp
4th September 2013, 05:02 PM
ok guys just a reminder on this one, still looking forward to it and to the meetup on the 5th october at dwellingup so we can hash over details.

oncedisturbed
5th September 2013, 09:51 AM
My leave dates have been set and confirmed for this on the roster, just waiting on the minister's leave confirmation

Never underestimate the power of the darkside, let the tap flow through you.

TheFlyingBadger
5th September 2013, 10:02 AM
I might be a tentative. I'd be blasting across straight after the kids convoy, and spending time meandering home

Stropp
4th October 2013, 03:18 PM
dont forget folks meetup in dwelly to discuss the meetup in the middle is this weekend, meet at dwelly pub 10am sharp.

oncedisturbed
10th October 2013, 09:49 PM
Just been told our leave dates are up in the air again due to recent changes and more to follow over the next few month's, gonna be 1 unhappy lil black duck if I lose my leave dates and will have a dummy spit

Stropp
10th October 2013, 10:19 PM
Bugger Jason, hope things get sorted.

Stropp
14th October 2013, 03:20 PM
just a note to say that i will be leaving on saturday 27th june and meeting neil and his family in either kalgoorlie or somewhere north of there that afternoon planning is still subject to fine tuning, at this stage i will be heading straight back across the great central rd as my daughter has followed her heart and returned to nsw so unless things change i will not be able to take 3 weeks.

Malgreen
15th October 2013, 01:24 AM
at this stage, i am putting up my hand for coming along.. would be nice to travel with others for a change.

Stropp
15th October 2013, 11:40 AM
no worries Mal, as above thats when i will be leaving, we will be having another wa get together prior to xmas to discuss a little more the plan.

Avo
15th October 2013, 05:00 PM
Don't forget to try and get some stubby holders as they are gathering numbers for the trip http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?23952-Meet-In-The-Middle-2014-Fundraising.

Stropp
15th October 2013, 05:31 PM
Don't forget to try and get some stubby holders as they are gathering numbers for the trip http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?23952-Meet-In-The-Middle-2014-Fundraising.

they are only available if you go on the trip too so they will be sort after items :)

oncedisturbed
27th October 2013, 02:28 PM
Due to personal factors at the moment, I may have to put my attendance on hold until such time as it clears up and sorted

Stropp
27th October 2013, 09:23 PM
Due to personal factors at the moment, I may have to put my attendance on hold until such time as it clears up and sorted

Bugga jas hope things get sorted mate and you can still make it!

oncedisturbed
27th October 2013, 10:09 PM
same here, funds may be a little shy if family court rears it's head again, only time will tell on that

oncedisturbed
12th November 2013, 08:40 PM
Anyone have departure dates / routes etc available? trying to work my way through planning for this as I think i have missed bits of info along the way

rottodiver
12th November 2013, 09:56 PM
Well for Ruth and I , we will be leaving on the Friday after work and see how far we get on the Friday night( Kalgoorlie would be good but no worries if we don't). Then over the next couple days we be going through the centre and will fly past ayers rock( or what ever it is called by then) just for a phot opportunity and hopefully be at the meeting point on Monday ( again if we don't get there until Tuesday that is ok). We are towing the camper trailer so may be going too slow for others.

Scotty

Avo
12th November 2013, 10:30 PM
just a note to say that i will be leaving on saturday 27th june and meeting neil and his family in either kalgoorlie or somewhere north of there that afternoon planning is still subject to fine tuning, at this stage i will be heading straight back across the great central rd as my daughter has followed her heart and returned to nsw so unless things change i will not be able to take 3 weeks.

this is my plan so far rottodiver.Sorry Scotty just seen your name at the bottom mate..these details are rough so we can tweak to meet up hopefully

rottodiver
12th November 2013, 11:19 PM
this is my plan so far rottodiver.Sorry Scotty just seen your name at the bottom mate..these details are rough so we can tweak to meet up hopefully

Yeah I had a rough idea as I spoke to strop at the 4wd show.....
We are doing 3 weeks so after the crossing we are doing birdsville and then back across the nullabor slowly. Like most my plans are rough as well.... Wouldn't mind a quick stop at my brothers house in laverton but we will see( might just steal all his beer)

Scotty

Stropp
12th November 2013, 11:44 PM
Yep will more than likely tag along Friday after work with Scotty and meet Neil along the way north of kal on Saturday, looking at heading south from Ayers Rock and across to kulgera then to mt dare.

rottodiver
12th November 2013, 11:49 PM
Sounds good to me!!!

oncedisturbed
13th November 2013, 12:37 AM
No probs, happy to tag along as we have never this size distance nor any of those areas but if anyone could pm some ideas of dates etc, will give me a better idea on times etc to get sorted

Sent from my iPad using Motorculture mobile app

Stropp
15th November 2013, 08:08 PM
just a reminder guys we will need these permits http://www.outbackway.org.au/get-permits.html plus a SA parks permit will see if i can find a link to that one

Stropp
15th November 2013, 08:43 PM
$150 for a desert parks pass can only apply 15 to 60 days prior to travell.
www.environment.sa.gov.au

Clunk
15th November 2013, 11:21 PM
$150 for a desert parks pass can only apply 15 to 60 days prior to travell.
www.environment.sa.gov.au

Ouch!!!!!!!

Stropp
15th November 2013, 11:25 PM
Ouch!!!!!!!

Yeh cost nothin to get the permits to do the great central as I thought for sure the land councils would want something but no it's the bloody govt that want to rape you!

rottodiver
14th December 2013, 12:34 AM
I am reading and reading about the pros and cons of taking the camper trailer across the simpson.... It is not looking likely so we are thinking now that we will take the camper trailer, leave it at mt dare do the crossing and the. Do another quick crossing g from east to west so we can can get back to the trailer and then Ruth and I will take a week and a half to get home, maybe after some more tracks and then the nullabor.....
Is anyone else doing a double crossing are is everyone going the long way round to get home?

Scotty

Stropp
14th December 2013, 02:05 PM
i will be heading down to quorn ( my home town) and then back across the nully at this stage.

oncedisturbed
14th December 2013, 03:13 PM
at this stage looking at what's gonna be quickest either way, may be able to do some side visits along the track

Avo
29th December 2013, 04:15 PM
guys I'm out......,i have some bad news ,with my truck having transmission trouble I am pulling out of this trip.I also have electrical issue but I think that's my indicator stick...Not many times I say something and do not go through with it,but I do not want to be a burden on anyone and if I think for one minute I can get away with rushing a trip like this I'm fooling myself and could end up ruining everyone's trip who follows me...So with no further to do I am withdrawing my participation....with regrets of course,this decision I have mulled over for a few weeks and it's not a rash choice but something that I think is for the better..I knew I needed a new long range tank and a few other bits I thought to be around 3-4 grand max,so in reality this transmission has tipped the scales against.......trust me,the people that know me will also know that I will do this trip even by myself and family as it's a bucket list thing we all want to do...we will do it but I cannot rush such a trip and go half baked,with an unprepared car...Hard call but It has to be made now....

Stropp
29th December 2013, 04:18 PM
Bummer mate but completely understand.

oncedisturbed
29th December 2013, 05:21 PM
Bugger not good to hear

Stropp
7th January 2014, 07:42 PM
Definate
Stropp
Rotto Diver

maybe
UKKIWI
Once disturbed
the flying badger
dx grunt

any advance on this list gentlemen???

Stropp
7th January 2014, 07:44 PM
I also have a mate from Adelaide that will be joining the forum and may attend this trip also.

Stropp
27th May 2014, 12:17 AM
Well looks like I will be heading off on my lonesome on the Thursday night heading toward kalgoorlie and the rock via the great central rd and maybe mt dare Saturday or Sunday night, I will travel until I get tired or decide its a good spot to stop but I can do big k's as I don't stop but for fuel or a quick pit stop.

DX grunt
27th May 2014, 04:59 PM
Definate
Stropp
Rotto Diver

maybe
UKKIWI
Once disturbed
the flying badger
dx grunt

any advance on this list gentlemen???

Sorry Stropp. I'm a no show. I have to organize my hols 12 months in advance and it didn't work out like I'd hoped.

Enjoy and take care out there.

Rossco.

the evil twin
27th May 2014, 05:14 PM
Well looks like I will be heading off on my lonesome on the Thursday night heading toward kalgoorlie and the rock via the great central rd and maybe mt dare Saturday or Sunday night, I will travel until I get tired or decide its a good spot to stop but I can do big k's as I don't stop but for fuel or a quick pit stop.

You'll probably catch up to me at Yulara or between Yulara and Mt Dare I reckon.
I'll either go shortest from Yulara or via Lambert Centre and Finke depending on, well, depending on not much at all really.

Stropp
27th May 2014, 09:32 PM
You'll probably catch up to me at Yulara or between Yulara and Mt Dare I reckon.
I'll either go shortest from Yulara or via Lambert Centre and Finke depending on, well, depending on not much at all really.

Ok graham, I'll get your mob number at the meeting and will call you when I get near the rock.

the evil twin
27th May 2014, 10:10 PM
Ok graham, I'll get your mob number at the meeting and will call you when I get near the rock.

No worries... we'll figure something out as it will depend when I leave as well.

I'll have HF, UHF, Telstra Mobile and Satellite... but you can't have the Sat number 'cause I can't afford the bill :animierte-smilies-f
If I'm having a poppy nap you will have to resort to throwing rocks at the windows tho

Stropp
29th May 2014, 05:59 PM
Fark!! wheel bearing again on the drivers side, swivel hubs look like a mud bog, snapped 3 of the 4 bolts one one side of the tranny crossmember while changing the gearbox mount, what else can go wrong??