PDA

View Full Version : my new patrol

cr4wler
20th December 2010, 02:36 PM
Hi guys,

i just joined up today as i recently got my first patrol...this is going to sound really stupid of me but i have absolutely no idea what model it is...the guy i bought it off told me it was a 1988 however the reg says 1985...parts all over the car say mk AND mq so i really have no idea (noob). its a 2.8l petrol engine.

The car itself is in pretty good condition. It has had a top and bottom engine reco...new gearbox, ls diff, heavy duty clutch n all that however the fan belt squeeks like hell on cold start up... all in all im pretty excited to see what it has.

i have 2 questions to ask:

What exact type is the patrol?
Im looking to change the oil would anyone know how much oil i need to refil it?

thanks so much for looking :D

Bigrig
20th December 2010, 03:34 PM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Try looking through this thread and see if you can use your VIN to work out exactly what it is:

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?1420-VIN-Number-History-(Vehicle-Identification-Number)&highlight=Number

Plenty of useful information on the forum, heaps of great people and a good laugh to be had also, so feel free to get in on the conversations!!

AB
20th December 2010, 07:22 PM
Hi mate, it looks like a 1985 MK to me.

Doesnt look in too bad condition either.

Finly Owner
20th December 2010, 07:46 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House. I'll put money on it being a MK with MQ taillights. Looks great. I am trying to get ready for meeting so will look at oil capacity l8r for you.

Tim

PS I love the older MQ/MK's.

Woof
20th December 2010, 08:20 PM
Welcome Cr4wler, enjoy the forum mate and that great looking toy you have there.........I love it.

DX grunt
20th December 2010, 09:18 PM
G'day cr4wler. Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your new acquisition. Wise choice. Keep talking mate, and you'll get access to a manual. It's not hard to clock up 25 threads.

Just read all the crap and respond accordingly. lol. Just klidding. Lotsa great stuff on here. Few MQ owners to liaise with, too.

Please enjoy and feel free to yak.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

Sir Roofy
20th December 2010, 09:36 PM
nice truck there and welcome to the site
roofy

patch697
21st December 2010, 10:12 AM
Welcome mate, your rig looks like a MK to me & a very tidy one at that.

cr4wler
21st December 2010, 02:44 PM
cheers guys this is a great site...

so nailed it down to either MK or MQ...i think 1985 there was an overlap where both models were produced or something :S

would anyone also know if the black cover is custom bcoz whenever i c similiar patrols on the road they all tend to have hard tops?

patch697
21st December 2010, 03:00 PM
Thats the first one I've seen like that on a Patrol but that don't mean much..............lolol