PDA

View Full Version : Orange light on Dash

Elle
19th December 2010, 11:33 PM
IM new to here .... I own a 92 TI Nissen Patrol Manual Petrol.... and recently I have been getting an orange light showing up on the dashboard on the taco dial .... It shows up when im under power .. and go off when i back off the peddle ... I cannot find my owners manual ... so i was hoping someone might tell me what this light is ... and what i do to correct it ...

Thanks ..

Woof
19th December 2010, 11:42 PM
Hi Elle, just moved you post to here as it is the correct section otherwise you may not get any answers to your issue.
It is always good to post an introduction before asking questions, it gets everyone on side.

NissanGQ4.2
19th December 2010, 11:49 PM
I'm pretty sure there is a thread already on here that will tell you what the problem may be, but can't find it.

If i'm guessing correctly renewing your air filter will fix this problem

Cheers

Todd

NissanGQ4.2
19th December 2010, 11:51 PM
this thread may help you elle

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?1843-Warning-light-next-to-seatbelt-light&highlight=orange+warning+light

Elle
19th December 2010, 11:58 PM
thanks .. i just posted an intro .. and i did change the filters .. and plugs thinking it might have been them .. but to no avail ... am wondering if it has to do with the new petrols ..

Finly Owner
20th December 2010, 12:00 AM
What about fuel filters?

NissanGQ4.2
20th December 2010, 12:00 AM
thanks .. i just posted an intro .. and i did change the filters .. and plugs thinking it might have been them .. but to no avail ... am wondering if it has to do with the new petrols ..

did you replace the air filter???

Elle
20th December 2010, 12:10 AM
I did a total service with all filters and hoses and belts about 2 - 3 months ago .... light has been showing up in last 3 weeks ...

Finly Owner
20th December 2010, 12:14 AM
So recheck air filter for dust. Usually orange lights coming on while accelerating is usually saying air filter is blocked.

NissanGQ4.2
20th December 2010, 12:16 AM
So recheck air filter for dust. Usually orange lights coming on while accelerating is usually saying air filter is blocked.

let us know how you go

Elle
20th December 2010, 12:17 AM
Thanks .. will do ... Muchly appreciated ..

Clunk
20th December 2010, 12:19 AM
Hi Elle, had the same problem with mine yesterday after a bit of a dusty session......... just cleaned the air filter and all was ok again