PDA

View Full Version : Wanted, Diff breather extension kits

Kelvinator
28th April 2013, 03:00 AM
I'm chasing a diff breather kit. with breathers and hose, mounts fittings etc to extend gbox, diffs etc on both a gq patrol and a suzuki jimny if any one has a decent priced kit.

taslucas
28th April 2013, 06:33 AM
You can make your own with a bit of fuel line and a couple if real cheap fuel filters.

FanTapstic!

threedogs
28th April 2013, 09:45 AM
I just used these , mainly the rear as front on GU already done,

healy
28th April 2013, 12:39 PM
If you want to buy a set you can get them on eBay around $60 they do look neater than a home made job

Kelvinator
29th April 2013, 02:29 PM
Decided that as i have nowhere but under the bonnet to mount any of those kits, and thats not high enough, im simply ditching the wank factor and running the breathers into the cab and up the inside of the a pillar. No stupid filters or mounts required. A hundred bucks for some hose, bit of bent steel and some fish tank bubblers with some zip ties was a bit of a waste of coin.

taslucas
29th April 2013, 02:55 PM
Yep I agree, those kits are totally over priced.

FanTapstic!

Kelvinator
29th April 2013, 03:21 PM
Yeah, im not using fuel hose tho dude, vacuum hose is cheaper but i found that hose they use, 10 bucks for 20 meters. Breathers in an aquarium shop for a few bucks. So i saved myself enough to shout a celebratory carton

taslucas
29th April 2013, 03:47 PM
Woohoo! Celebratory carton:-).
Just make sure the breather line material is compatible with oil

FanTapstic!

Kelvinator
29th April 2013, 03:49 PM
Good Vacuum hose usualy is dude. All sweet

threedogs
29th April 2013, 04:45 PM
If you're running it up the inside on the "A" pillar Jaycar sell
sticky backed Square pads that except a small cable tie.
Would make the job neat too. come in black or white.

Kelvinator
30th April 2013, 04:50 PM
Its under neath the interior so it holds itself up and you cant see it, good idea though dude