PDA

View Full Version : first trip off road in my MQ

patrolmq
26th April 2013, 05:01 PM
hi All,

I picked up (another) MQ 3 weeks ago, a 1981, 3.3 diesel 4sp manual, pretty stock, just 216k on the clock. I spent a few days getting it prepped for the RWC and managed to get it on the second go on Tuesday. I got the rego transferred on Wednesday and spent Thursday offroading in the Lerderderg forest. Some fantastic tracks up there. Didn't do anything too serious as I still had road tyres on and no other mods except my winch bar, but it was great fun. The next thing to do it to transfer some goodies from my other MQ which I've had for over a year, but gave up restoring it. I'll transfer the front and rear lockers, 2" lift, snorkel, cargo barrier and a few other goodies. It has a 3.3T engine and 5 speed box which I might sell too. The MQ managed most stuff with ease and it was handy having the SWB for weaving through the trees around the deeper puddles. With the lockers and my 33" muddies on, they'll be no stopping it. The 5th picture was a very steep climb and decent, but managed with ease 2nd gear low going up, maybe 3rd would have been better. 1st low was actually too slow coming down, it is very low geared, 1st is for rock crawling really, 2nd would have been better coming down.
Here are some pictures below of the new MQ, I look forward to a meet up in Vic some day;

MEGOMONSTER
26th April 2013, 05:43 PM
Nice mate, looks good at Lerderderg

lylegillan
19th May 2013, 04:52 PM
nice rig mate.

vwace
12th June 2013, 06:57 PM
wow nice looking rig. and some good tracks to test it out too

threedogs
12th June 2013, 07:07 PM
Looking good some great tracks out that way.
Got a nick name for the Yellow Peril yet LOL