PDA

View Full Version : Diana's Bath - Mt Mee

NP99
22nd April 2013, 07:43 PM
Has anybody been to the rock pool at Diana's bath? I went up there today for the first time and got to the car park and found no directions......
Cheers

NP99
15th May 2013, 10:42 PM
Found the answer and saved myself grief!!!

http://www.dirtyweekends.com.au/index.php?page=updates

04OFF
15th May 2013, 10:55 PM
Mt Mee is a nice place, have not been to the bath (well not that i know of) first time i went to Mt Mee was with Rick (user name Silver, has sadly passed on), Rick took us too some great spots.

Returning to Mt Mee about 12 months later, i assumed id find all those great spots no problem, but just drove around for ages, and without a map, we got lost and pretty much saw nothing.

Id love to go back when my cars on the road again, next time with someone who knows the place, or at least take a map, so if you are keen to plan something, please let me know ?

We could always camp at Neerum Creek as the road that goes into/through the camp , leads directly to Mt Mee tracks (as we discovered by accident after getting lost)

NP99
15th May 2013, 11:37 PM
Mt Mee is a nice place, have not been to the bath (well not that i know of) first time i went to Mt Mee was with Rick (user name Silver, has sadly passed on), Rick took us too some great spots.

Returning to Mt Mee about 12 months later, i assumed id find all those great spots no problem, but just drove around for ages, and without a map, we got lost and pretty much saw nothing.

Id love to go back when my cars on the road again, next time with someone who knows the place, or at least take a map, so if you are keen to plan something, please let me know ?

We could always camp at Neerum Creek as the road that goes into/through the camp , leads directly to Mt Mee tracks (as we discovered by accident after getting lost)

Mate, sounds like a plan :)
I've seen a few posts from Silver in earlier threads.....sounds like he was one of the good guys.

04OFF
15th May 2013, 11:56 PM
Yes mate, lots of us QLDers on here will miss the ole fella thats for sure :frown:

So what would you think, a saturday trip arount Mt Mee, camp at Neerum Creek sat night, they do home made pizzas there as well, camp fire, few beverages :beer: ????

Then cruise home Sunday (maybe even spend a few hours on the beach at Bribie if the weathers nice)

nissannewby
16th May 2013, 12:09 AM
Unfortunately A lot of those tracks are closed up at mt mee. Last time we went to go to dianas bath it was closed :(.

We were there about a month ago and A break and K break were all closed you could only basically do the loop to the look out and that was it.

NP99
16th May 2013, 12:23 AM
Yes mate, lots of us QLDers on here will miss the ole fella thats for sure :frown:

So what would you think, a saturday trip arount Mt Mee, camp at Neerum Creek sat night, they do home made pizzas there as well, camp fire, few beverages :beer: ????

Then cruise home Sunday (maybe even spend a few hours on the beach at Bribie if the weathers nice)

Yes mate....hate a beer around a fire :)

NP99
16th May 2013, 12:25 AM
Unfortunately A lot of those tracks are closed up at mt mee. Last time we went to go to dianas bath it was closed :(.

We were there about a month ago and A break and K break were all closed you could only basically do the loop to the look out and that was it.

True, they have speed or erosion bumps in place too.

04OFF
16th May 2013, 12:34 AM

I know they closed a heap of tracks after the 11 floods, (and never opened them) , but are you suggesting they have closed more tracks now ?

Sounds like you know the place newb, i think you need come on the trip , so you can be on "point" ;)

nissannewby
16th May 2013, 10:16 AM
Yeah I know that the tracks they closed then haven't been opened.

As for the others I'm not 100% on that as we went up in inclement conditions last time, they werent bad conditions no different to today actually and the gates were shut.

I don't know it that well up there only been a couple of times as being younger was always looking for something with a little more challenge.

megatexture
16th May 2013, 10:06 PM
Dianas bath has been shut for quite a while and Jacky creek track is shut also but the centre track was open, basically the only tracks open are ones a rav4 would find easy. last time I went(6 months ago)they had graded lovedays rd and neurum rd so IMO the only thing there worth doing is swimming at rocky hole and it will be bloody cold! Hope you like sounding like the bee gees lol

Oldmate1
29th August 2013, 03:03 PM
i was up there on the weekend didn't get to far as when we got to laceys creek rd my mate said he had about a quarter of a tank
so we only stuck to the graded rd. Jacky creek track was open. spoke to the ranger out there and he said that just about all tracks are open at the moment

04OFF
29th August 2013, 04:43 PM
i was up there on the weekend didn't get to far as when we got to laceys creek rd my mate said he had about a quarter of a tank
so we only stuck to the graded rd. Jacky creek track was open. spoke to the ranger out there and he said that just about all tracks are open at the moment

Thanks oldmate, even more keen to get back there now ;)

NP99
29th August 2013, 06:25 PM
Should be good :)

megatexture
29th August 2013, 06:59 PM
Just hope they didnt grade all the tracks for the logging trucks

04OFF
29th August 2013, 07:22 PM
The weekend Nov 30- Dec 1st would be a fitting weekend go ? (to remember Rick)

Could also camp Saturday night at Neerum Creek , and....if Mt Mee tracks are found to be easy to do in one day, we could always do Bribie on the Sunday ?

NP99
7th October 2013, 12:38 AM
The weekend Nov 30- Dec 1st would be a fitting weekend go ? (to remember Rick)

Could also camp Saturday night at Neerum Creek , and....if Mt Mee tracks are found to be easy to do in one day, we could always do Bribie on the Sunday ?

Let's make this a Brisbane greet and meet!

bear3103
1st December 2013, 09:47 PM
did you guys end up going up there this weekend if so how was it???

NP99
1st December 2013, 10:06 PM
No mate, the guys are getting ready for the Straddie meetup on 15 Dec. are you local to the area?

bear3103
10th December 2013, 12:38 PM
No I live out Minden way. Did the run on the weekend just gone. Stopped at the gantry then rocky hole. Just having a look around , will head back again soon to check out the moderate tracks and some of the other spots. Camp grounds looked alright.

NP99
11th December 2013, 12:52 AM
No I live out Minden way. Did the run on the weekend just gone. Stopped at the gantry then rocky hole. Just having a look around , will head back again soon to check out the moderate tracks and some of the other spots. Camp grounds looked alright.

Which camping grounds mate?

megatexture
11th December 2013, 01:07 AM
Archer is the better one IMO neurum has mozzies

Snapcatcher
11th December 2013, 11:59 AM
Yeh Archer is nice. Spent a weekend there at the start of the month. Flat grassy sites, and a Nice deep, clean water creek for swimming too.

bear3103
11th December 2013, 01:32 PM
Yeh we decided when we get the chance archers will be the go to spot.

04OFF
11th December 2013, 01:41 PM
Any more details on the Archer camp lads ?, (location in regard to mt mee, a map, web site etc)

NP99
11th December 2013, 02:25 PM
http://www.findacamp.com.au/camp-site.php?camp=1104

http://www.nprsr.qld.gov.au/parks/daguilar/camping.html