PDA

View Full Version : GRRR Passenger side door is stuck

JacquiO
17th December 2010, 06:43 PM
Hi, just seeing if anyone else has had a prob with GQ utes with the front passenger door lock being stuck and locking me in. Was wondering if anyone has installed central locking and if they have any idea of the cost.

Went to the 4x4 wreckers got another lock for the beast and fitted that but the nylon thread is moving with the vibration should I superglue it in place or what sort of glue would you recomend to hold it in place.

Cheers
JacquiO:xxxx:

YNOT
17th December 2010, 10:05 PM
Central locking kits for a 2 door are about $50.

I'm not sure what nylon thread you are talking about, are you able to post a photo of it?

Tony

Finly Owner
17th December 2010, 11:21 PM
possibly the button? just replace lock knob/button with new one.

JacquiO
18th December 2010, 05:00 PM
I will try and get a pic, thanks

PissantPatrol
18th December 2010, 05:23 PM
If you're referring to the snib (ie the lock button) I can sympathise; every time I lock the doors I automatically re-tighten the loose snibs. If this the problem I would recommend a little dab of silicone rather than glue. This will stop it vibrating loose, or off, but will allow them to be removed when required.

Cheers
Rick

JacquiO
19th December 2010, 02:47 PM
Thanks very much going to try the silicone, cheers mate

Macgyver
10th January 2011, 10:59 PM
my wagon is doing the same thing, same door, with central locking.

YNOT
10th January 2011, 11:04 PM
That's great Mr Macgyver, but you haven't bothered to tell us anything about your Patrol yet or introduce yourself. What model Patrol is it?

Tony

Macgyver
11th January 2011, 07:28 PM
sorry ynot, i'm still getting the jist of this whole forum deal! i put an intro up last night and i'll chuck some pics up when i can!

YNOT
11th January 2011, 07:56 PM
No worries Macgyver, look forward to seeing the photos.

Tony