PDA

View Full Version : My Tallarook experience during 1982

NP99
19th April 2013, 06:07 PM
During my early army career we deployed to that bloody forest every time it rained. Remember in 1982 we had series 1 and 2 land rovers and a few we're owned by civilian shooters etc. We laid a vehicle ambush one late afternoon and as the rover passed the kill zone the whole side of the hill opened up (blanks) with M60 machine guns, SLRs, smoke and wizz bangs......it wasn't a military rover, those shooters jumped out and prepared to return fire. The umpires were running around calling cease fire and trying to calm down the shooters. It was better than sitting in the rain all bloody day :)

threedogs
19th April 2013, 06:14 PM
Gold mate , We must know each other I think,
Can you clear a matter up for me please, I was told the boys from Pukka used to blow up that reservoir
and thats why not even yabbies are in it. Been riding and driving Talarook and Wandong from Mid 70s.
Sometimes I just grab a mate to go sit by a fire and vent, can't beat a campfire, IMO

Bloodyaussie
19th April 2013, 07:02 PM
There is the explosives warning sign there ... Bloody hard to read though as it is full of bullet holes, none by me!!

healy
19th April 2013, 07:28 PM
There is the explosives warning sign there ... Bloody hard to read though as it is full of bullet holes, none by me!!

Sure you don't

NP99
19th April 2013, 11:40 PM
I use to see a lot of highway signs shot up years gone by.......dickheads! Not so much today though!