PDA

View Full Version : GU8 Full functio rear light ?

Coldcomfort
16th April 2013, 06:36 PM
Hi all, I am in the process of installing a pair of rear replacement lights that I bought. I know a few others have done the same. When the indicators on the new lights are wired in does the flash rate of the indicators change ? Usually they speed up....

Cheers all.

meh
16th April 2013, 06:41 PM
Mine didnt change. I have them hooked up to LED's in the rear bar aswell

paulvdw
16th April 2013, 06:41 PM
Hi Mate.

No, the incidactor flash rate remains the same.
I have only seen the flash rate speed up when one of the globes blow on older cars.

Cheers

threedogs
16th April 2013, 06:44 PM
If you run only led the flash rate will be quick, solved with either a LED flasher relay or a 50 ohm resistor per corner

MEGOMONSTER
16th April 2013, 06:53 PM
Mine didn't speed up but I did blow the indicator fuse.

Coldcomfort
16th April 2013, 07:35 PM
Mine didn't speed up but I did blow the indicator fuse.

Something you did wrong?? What did you do to fix it??

Cheers.

MEGOMONSTER
16th April 2013, 07:44 PM
No idea what I did, obviously shorted it some where maybe while testing. Just changed the fuse. But blew the fuse again while driving just changed it again and nothing since.

Maxhead
16th April 2013, 07:52 PM
Hi all, I am in the process of installing a pair of rear replacement lights that I bought. I know a few others have done the same. When the indicators on the new lights are wired in does the flash rate of the indicators change ? Usually they speed up....

Cheers all.

Which one did you buy and where....i've been thinking of doing the same but been to slack...lol

jack
16th April 2013, 07:55 PM
My flash is the same but also blew the fuse, replace it with 5amps bigger one.

Yendor
16th April 2013, 08:16 PM

Cheers all.

Adding extra light bulbs will not cause the indicators to speed up.

If you also have a bull bar fitted with indicators you will be right on the limit of the fuses when you add these extra lights.

I would recommend using LED bulbs.

Winnie
16th April 2013, 08:18 PM
I'd look at these ones Kris.

http://www.patrolapart.com.au/product/electrical/nissan-patrol-gu-led-tailights

MEGOMONSTER
16th April 2013, 08:23 PM
My flash is the same but also blew the fuse, replace it with 5amps bigger one.

Actually I think I did too

Maxhead
16th April 2013, 08:52 PM
I'd look at these ones Kris.

http://www.patrolapart.com.au/product/electrical/nissan-patrol-gu-led-tailights

I think I'll go without...LOL

Coldcomfort
16th April 2013, 09:10 PM
Which one did you buy and where....i've been thinking of doing the same but been to slack...lol

I bought a pair of these...... http://www.carsrus.com.au/ymm/product/list/?Make=Nissan&Model=Patrol&Year=2012

Going LED is a good idea.....

jack
16th April 2013, 09:28 PM
Those are the ones I got, but didn't go LED.

Coldcomfort
17th April 2013, 06:29 PM
Thanks for all the help guys... Does anyone know what type of LED goes into the indicators? And where is a good place to get them? I would like to support one of the business's that contribute to this forum if possible.

Cheers all.

bindi
18th May 2014, 06:06 PM
I got the carsrus ones too and they look fine, will fit them next week, so I'd be interested to hear from you all what type/make/brand of LED bulbs you used and where you got them from?

cheers
Mark

my third 256
20th May 2014, 09:02 AM
Thanks for all the help guys... Does anyone know what type of LED goes into the indicators? And where is a good place to get them? I would like to support one of the business's that contribute to this forum if possible.

Cheers all.
i think three dogs is the man to talk to about the globe size

threedogs
20th May 2014, 11:13 AM
You'll need the double wire T20 68 smd led plenty of light driving at dawn.
Plus these increase intensity as you turn the corner using your indicator
2nd from right is the one I use, I also use white globes behind the indicator and brake lens's
The only one I never changed was the amber OE front indicator.
You don't see amber leds that good during the day so I kept that one OE

bindi
30th May 2014, 09:26 AM
I had mine changed over yesterday and I'm very happy with them. Got replacement light units from carsrus.com.au ($170 pair) and had the wiring done at my local nissan dealer (Edney's Leongatha) for just $77. Bargain.

I'm happy and am not concerned about purists saying they are illegal because you can't see both tail lights equally from 45 degrees (pretty sure most people who need to see these are actually behind you, not at 45degrees away). I am an ambo so perhaps I am more aware than most of the importance of well lit up vehicles.

Why AU compliance rules are this stupid is just beyond a joke when the road toll is so high (not to mention the costly to the commonwealth with ongoing care/disability etc for those who are lucky enough to survive).

Anyhow, whinge over, I'm all fixed up, happy and feeling that bit safer, and big shout out to my local Nissan dealer for looking after me so well :)

All I need to do now is find out the exact fitting for the tail/stop/indicator bulbs (BA15 I think but need to check) and put LEDs in for safer electrical circuitry (less amp draw).

threedogs
30th May 2014, 11:15 AM
The more you can let ppl know what you're doing the better I say, stuff being iilegal
I want to be seen