PDA

View Full Version : Front side parking / Indicator light

Nanango
16th December 2010, 01:45 PM
Can anyone assist with what the front side lights are, and how they function on a 1996 GQ RX TB42E. See attached photo (circled). The bulbs are OK, but I can't get them to come on. Parking only lights up the front corner lights not this one. The colour code for the wire are Orange & Black if it helps. Just having a battle with someone who is doing the roadworthy and they say that if a Light is present it must light up.
Rick

MudRunnerTD
16th December 2010, 02:01 PM
Cant help you sorry, and my Manual is before this addition so i dont have the supplementary for it... Someone with these should be able to tell you though.

Nanango
16th December 2010, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the reply anyway. Well here is one for the books. Found the combination that works. Still keep the thread open, more than happy to field additional comments. OK here is the deal:
The right hand front side light comes on solid when the headlights are on (not the parkers) AND the right hand blinker is on. Same with the left one when the left hand blinker is on. Note that each light comes on hard, they do NOT blink and even then only the left or right light comes on depending what blinker is on. With the hazard lights on and the headlights they do not come on. so what the **** are they for? Talk about wierd.
Rick

YNOT
16th December 2010, 04:58 PM
They're cornering lights, to give you more side visibility when you're turning at night.

Tony

Nanango
16th December 2010, 05:04 PM
OK, that explains it all thanks Tony

MudRunnerTD
16th December 2010, 11:30 PM
I DID NOT KNOW THAT!

Damn! I'm Jealous! Thats a great idea! shame they dropped it though,

what a great idea. how much light do they put out?

YNOT
17th December 2010, 06:23 AM
My GU3 has it, intergrated with the indicator lens. They don't put out a huge amount of light, about the same as a park light.
If you have an earlier GQ you could put a wide spread LED work light in the same position.

Tony

Nanango
17th December 2010, 06:55 AM
After I put it all back together, checked it out with the lens in place in the garage. It is surprising how much light they do put out, probably pretty useless for normal driving, but for low speed work in the scrub I would imagine it could be very handy
Rick

Bigrig
17th December 2010, 07:30 AM
Very handy indeed!!! ...

YNOT
17th December 2010, 11:54 AM
Would be even more handy in the bush if you could put them on a separate switch so you could switch them both on together without using the indicators.

Tony