PDA

View Full Version : What sort?

Jodie and Jason hall
13th April 2013, 06:38 PM
We are looking to buy a snorkel for our gu. What brand would you recommend. And what sort of intake?

megatexture
13th April 2013, 06:50 PM
Airtec safari seem to be the favourites from what I've read and seen

threedogs
13th April 2013, 06:53 PM
X 2 with above buy a good brand name of your choice not cheap China ones,
Fit and finish is hit and miss on the cheap stuff,

NP99
13th April 2013, 06:55 PM
Safari will set you back about $500 plus fitting.

Woof
13th April 2013, 07:00 PM
Always a good idea to post up an introduction before asking for any assistance, gets everyone on side from the start http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-Introductions

threedogs
13th April 2013, 07:05 PM
As Doggie says pop over to the intros so we get to know a bit about you and your 4x4.
Just something the forum asks of everyone, thanks J & J

Jodie and Jason hall
18th April 2013, 12:59 PM
Thanks everyone. I have now done our introduction ( i think) sorry about that!

PMC
18th April 2013, 01:49 PM
Thanks everyone. I have now done our introduction ( i think) sorry about that!

Check with your local Nissan dealership! I paid only $300.00 for a genuine snorkel.

PS, shop around, you be surprised by the price difference for the same item from different suppliers!

Regards,

RLI

04OFF
18th April 2013, 08:07 PM
When i was researching snorkels, I heard that the Nissan snorkels can weep water through the pop rivet holes where the nissan badge is attached on the side ?

I bought a Safari Snorkel, i like that you can rotate the snorkel intake/head backwards (not on the Nissan snorkel) plus you can buy pre-filters to fit the rectangle head of the Safari (not sure on Nissan ones)

The other thing i can vouch for, is the Safari Snorkel is bloody tough, its comforting to know, if you do happen to have a incident off road, your car will bend, but your snorkel will remain strong, and will most likley still function, very handy if you still need to cross water to get home.

I tested this the hard way rolling the car on my snorkel twice, its still in great shape, and remained water tight, and im still going to be using it again. ;)

jack
18th April 2013, 08:16 PM
Safari for me, and it's a perfect fit.