PDA

View Full Version : lane poole reserve info needed

GU4PLAY
13th April 2013, 01:05 PM
hi guys thinking of going to lane poole reserve can any one tell me what the 4wd track is like

Stropp
13th April 2013, 02:59 PM
mate last time i was there a lot of the tracks were closed off, you will need to bypass the reserve and keep heading down the road, there are plenty of bush tracks outside.

Woof
13th April 2013, 06:27 PM
The Captain Fawcett track is a very nice drive, just call into the Information Centre in Dwellingup for a map..............................it is a lot more fun when it is wet but still a nice drive in the dry

oncedisturbed
13th April 2013, 07:30 PM
I have a pdf map somewhere of the Captain Fawcett track somewhere as well as the Lane Pool tracks I will try and find and load up

GU4PLAY
14th April 2013, 10:18 AM
thanks look forward to the map also i will be going in about a months time so hopefully a bit wetter
I have a pdf map somewhere of the Captain Fawcett track somewhere as well as the Lane Pool tracks I will try and find and load up

the evil twin
14th April 2013, 11:50 AM
thanks look forward to the map also i will be going in about a months time so hopefully a bit wetter

The Captain Fawcett track is a nice drive (make that a very nice drive) but don't expect to use the stubby lever very much.
For example, you can do the main track very comfortably towing a camper.
The main track meanders quite close to the river from time to time.
When it does I suggest you pop down some of the side tracks as there are a few terrific smoko spots/summer swimming holes.
Winter time can be 'interesting' if it is just after a storm and trees are down.

The best play area albeit not very big is down around Tumlo Crossing.
There is the river crossing to the eastern side if the levels are down but be careful of the closed areas on the other side.
The Dieback DRA begins up the road a bit and the pine plantation is a no go as well but the fire break around the outside is OK.
Back towards Dwelly on the western side is a nice hillclimb and a few great spots for pic's.

If you want some more serious 4WD time then shortly after Tumlo you hit the Harvey Road.
Turn right towards Harvey (not left to Quindanning) and have a play in the Harvey Dam region.
The tracks to the North and East of the Dam south of Honeymoon Rd are fun.
Look for Honeymoon Road on the right shortly after you cross the Harvey River near Stirling Dam

The MOST fun of all is just having a drive and an explore.
Just be aware of the DRA boundaries if you cross the River and obey the signage and all will be goodo...

Nvd323
15th June 2013, 11:19 PM
Hit this area a few weeks back is alot of fun in the wet :) some areas are very easy though

schanmala
15th July 2013, 12:05 PM
Its a nice drive. Check with the local ranger as sometime it is closed.

oncedisturbed
15th July 2013, 06:34 PM
Maps of area