PDA

View Full Version : Gu 2001 3.0lt subtank

macca1
15th December 2010, 10:53 AM
I am trying again hoping I will get a answer, Thanks

Hi out there, Hope you can help me!
Had to clean out the subtank after an algie got in & went through to the main ( blocking filters with black sludge). The algie was killed with additive However still had to remove the top guage assy to access inner tank for cleaning.
My question is WHAT? is the unit that sits in the bottom of the tank there for, it can be removed from the bottom of the tank quite easily , but does'nt seem to connect to anything (round type cyl fitted to some sort of a framework, it sits dead centre & beside the fuel pickup line.

Hope someone can help please ?
Merry Xmas to all out there, Cheers Macca

Bigrig
15th December 2010, 11:06 AM
Hey mate - is it not the fuel sender mechanism?? If it is, then it is what sends the information to your guage to let you know how much fuel you have. Sorry for the over simplistic answer, not much else (if anything) in there to my knowledge.

macca1
15th December 2010, 11:28 AM
Hey mate - is it not the fuel sender mechanism?? If it is, then it is what sends the information to your guage to let you know how much fuel you have. Sorry for the over simplistic answer, not much else (if anything) in there to my knowledge.

Thanks for the reply Bigrig,
No the sender is attached to the top plate along with the pickup pipe, this thing is seperate from everything & sits on the bottom of the tank anongside the pickup pipe with no wires or pipes attached.
If anyone knows ( Maybe a discription from a parts book might help) I guess next step is to go to a Nissan dealer! just thought someone might know
thanks Cheers Macca

Bigrig
15th December 2010, 05:44 PM
Hang on old mate - checking the good book now ...

Bigrig
15th December 2010, 05:47 PM
Nope - only the fuel sender that I can see - it's a float style mechanism (as you know) but that piece you mention you said has nothing attached to it, which is odd ... over to someone else on this one champion .. apologies.

YNOT
15th December 2010, 06:08 PM
The only thing I can think of is it's a thing that works a bit like a baffle to keep fuel at the pick up when the fuel level is low.

Tony

Sir Roofy
16th December 2010, 08:29 AM
may be someone tried dipping the tank at sometime and dropped it in
cheers roofy

macca1
16th December 2010, 11:24 AM
The only thing I can think of is it's a thing that works a bit like a baffle to keep fuel at the pick up when the fuel level is low.

Tony

Thanks for the reply Tony,
Since checking with google have found this following thread:
On one page of the Post has a parts list & the parts #'s are 17042+A, 17014MA, & 17013NA
Aparently they could not work it out as well,
Will leave it up to the experts out there
Cheers Macca