PDA

View Full Version : 2" lift

Cbates
9th April 2013, 02:57 PM
Hi guys,
Looking at lifting the patrol finally if I can organize the funds. But not looking to pay heaps (apprenticeship wages suck)
I have seen the blu pak kit and the long spring kit, both for around $550.
From experience which would you guys go for if you were in a similar situation?
Thanks! Appreciate the help!

Bloodyaussie
9th April 2013, 04:42 PM
Ask Healy he has run the Blu Pak twice now??

I suppose you know thats what we fitted up on the weekend..

When you going to come out and play??

93patrol
9th April 2013, 05:00 PM
i have that lift in my ute CBates and honestly can t fault it at the moment but i dont do the stuff that Mudrunner does. totally changed the way the ute feels much better but makes it a bit rougher according to the wife but i don't notice it

Cbates
9th April 2013, 05:17 PM
Ask Healy he has run the Blu Pak twice now??

I suppose you know thats what we fitted up on the weekend..

When you going to come out and play??

Yea I spoke to him on the weekend, said its great, just wonder if its worth paying the extra 30$ if the king springs are a big improvement.
I want to come out ASAP! Wish I could come this weekend, got a wedding on Saturday! When are you next going out?

healy
9th April 2013, 06:08 PM
It's up to you mate but to be honest I couldn't imagine much of a difference until you start getting into buying the expensive stuff I flogged the hell out of mine in the GQ and felt as good as the day I bought it its a nice comfy ride on road the extra heavy duty is what I got and holds the weight nicely

Ben-e-boy
9th April 2013, 06:45 PM
I would at least get your wagon weiged at a public weighbridge. weigh the front and back seperatly so you get a spring rate suited to your need.
Mat and I test drove healys wagon, We both found it a little harsh BUT.. we think its because the springs were new. When we flexxed it up I notice that the up travel on the front was quite good, That tells me that the spring rate is pretty close to what is needed. The down travel was held up by the shock as the radius arm bushes had not binded yet, I think they could be longer

My 2c anyway

Benny

healy
9th April 2013, 07:44 PM
Front right wasn't in spot correctly I twisted back lol you guys have to flex everything lol

Cbates
11th April 2013, 09:51 AM
Thanks Ben!
I looked last night and I have Monroe 4x4 shocks which is good but I don't know if it's lifted, it doesn't seem higher than normal, is there a measurement Of the standard ride height I can compare it to?
Thanks