PDA

View Full Version : Scan gauge e

Corsa
7th April 2013, 01:12 AM
After taking delivery of my 2011 ti patrol I am looking to get some sort of trip computer going so as I can get the best economy from my car.
Initially I was going to buy a scanguage ii but have since seen the scanguage e which is a little more compact.
My questions are has anybody used one of these?
What is the major differences between the two scan gauges and do you use the differences if there is?
Car is std as far as the driveline goes but may look at a chip and exhaust down the track but have heard an egt gauge is more important then ?

Any guidance will be appreciated

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TPC
7th April 2013, 01:42 AM
I have been looking at what gauge to buy and just read about the Ultra Gauge that is cheaper. http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/index.htm
Still tossing up between Scan Gauge and Ultra Gauge.
Would be interested in opinion of others.

Corsa
7th April 2013, 07:27 AM
Have looked at the ultra gauge but I believe it's size is rather large and needs to be mounted in a similar fashion to a portable GPS so would require removal from mount but looks like it is a very good unit

NissanGQ4.2
7th April 2013, 07:30 AM
Looks like a nice compact gauge and price looks good but doesn't do much for me though

Notice you have an ipad, do you ever mount it in the car?

What sort of mobile phone do you have, Apple / Android and do you have it mounted while driving????

kevin07
7th April 2013, 07:49 AM
got the ultraguage does everything i want i have it mounted so it sits under the pillar guages. by the way whatever price you see on the ad it will cost 105 delivered with the windscreen mount make sure you order that

Corsa
7th April 2013, 07:50 AM
Only had the patrol for a bit over a week so still sorting things. Haven't used iPad in the car yet but looking to eventually possibly for mapping but as it is a ti it has an eclipse sat nav in it so might try to get the maps on it just need to find out more.

Will post up some pics off the car in near future

Corsa
7th April 2013, 07:55 AM
Any pictures of the way ppl have mounted there gauges would be much appreciated.
Not sure of the possibility of doing pillar mount gauges in the ti as it has tweeter in the pillar mount so this would mean major components being moved to allow all this to fit but up for any ideas others have used.

Mentok
1st May 2013, 11:01 PM
I have the ScanGauge II and find it to be very useful. I have mine mounted just below the steering wheel column and it sits there nicely. I ran the control cable down the righthand side of the steering column and zip tied the excess cable up under the dash near the obdII socket. It does obscure the odometer a bit but its not like I use that while driving! I will take some pics tomorrow and post them up of where I mounted mine so you can get an idea of how it looks.

Corsa
2nd May 2013, 02:31 AM
Thxs so much looking to get one of these in the next week for my birthday. Looking forward to getting more info to help with saving a bit of fuel

Mentok
2nd May 2013, 06:02 PM
As promised, here are the pics of my Scangauge II setup. As I said it just obscures the odometer but I'm not too concerned with that when driving now I have the Scangauge to monitor the engine and other things ie boost.