PDA

View Full Version : Easter on the Murray

pearcey
5th April 2013, 11:26 PM
Spent a very quiet Easter on the Murray at a place called Castles Landing. But as you know things some times go wrong, well for some. Mate was trying out his new, second hand camper before his foray in to Arnhem land later this year. As luck would have it he broke a main leaf on it. So who was behind him when it happened, that`s right me. As the axle had moved back and jam the wheel against the guard we jury rigged it to get it to camp so we could weld it. hope photos work. got him back to Adelaide with out any problems. On Saturday took a run up to Loxton to check out Wild 98`s new camper, it`s great can sleep about 20 so if Pete goes you dont have to take tent HAHA.From there we shot back to Waikerie then onto Cadell for the local big pumpkin comp and Cockroach races.A couple of hours of fun and fund raising for the local community. The rest of the time was spent veging out Atop few days.

pearcey
5th April 2013, 11:31 PM
Now I`ll try photos of the camp site

TPC
5th April 2013, 11:47 PM
Good pics Pearcey, I love the Murray and camp there often.
My brother in law had the same thing happen to his camper up near Chowilla last year, we pulled into a grape growers property and borrowed his welder to fix it.
Did you get to Loveday for some fun?

MEGOMONSTER
6th April 2013, 12:38 AM
First time in 6-7 years that we weren't on the Murray for Easter break. I just love the Murray. Wish I was there.

pearcey
6th April 2013, 09:50 AM
Sorry guys I`m not a big fan of the creek but with good company it can still be fun.
Some of the guys and gals I travel with are into canoeing I`m into fishing (I do have a problem with doing the governments job of eradicating CARP and not getting payed )and all are good fun around the camp fire. Then any where away from the city is ok with me

threedogs
6th April 2013, 10:09 AM
Like the serenity of the Murray , must go again soon .
Thanks for reminder

NP99
6th April 2013, 10:46 AM
Its always nice in June there, not a big fan of summer on the river.

wildgu6
9th April 2013, 10:42 PM
Will get back here to comment when got time hahaha Oh Pearcey

TAPPN OUT

emu
9th April 2013, 10:52 PM
Like the pics of the 24v welder, i always have a couple of sticks in the back of the work rig just in case.

Cheers

pearcey
9th April 2013, 11:51 PM
Like the pics of the 24v welder, i always have a couple of sticks in the back of the work rig just in case.

Cheers
G`day Emu
Have done a few welding jobs in our travels Springs and hangers on the Canning, caravan draw bar up the Cape and a diff on the Anne Bedell to name a few.None were on my gear, but then everybody was able to get home

pearcey
9th April 2013, 11:54 PM
Will get back here to comment when got time hahaha Oh Pearcey

TAPPN OUT

Good to see your alive and well mate after your wild Easter HAHA