PDA

View Full Version : GQ gearbox issues

TasHal
3rd April 2013, 08:41 PM
The gearbox is back in my patrol after there was a syncro problem causing a grinding noise between 3rd and 4th gear, bearings were replaced as well. However now im having issues getting into first gear? its just a real prick to get into first gear, especially at the lights etc . Used the recommended gear box oil as well.

What could be the issue? could the new bearings and new oil be causing it to be a bit stiff? should i try a gearbox additive first?

cheers

Hal

growler2058
3rd April 2013, 10:29 PM
Did you have a look at the slave cylinder?

TasHal
4th April 2013, 08:57 AM
any way to check that now? Will have to ask the mechanic who did it if he had a look at it

happygu
12th April 2013, 12:37 AM
Patrol gearboxes have a habit of doing this...... My old GQ used to have the same problem and one of my newer one has done it too.

Usually the fix is a change to a lighter viscosity oil.

Mic

krbrooking
12th April 2013, 03:26 AM
If you can put up with it just double clutch it, did you replace all sincro's or just 4th and did you replace your clutch while it was out.

BigRAWesty
12th April 2013, 07:40 AM
If you can put up with it just double clutch it, did you replace all sincro's or just 4th and did you replace your clutch while it was out.

My mechanic brother once told me there was no syncro on first.. so she's a into gear when stopped gear only. Or double clutch it..
I think.. :confused:

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

davo94
12th April 2013, 09:01 AM
Go lighter oil after you cinfirm that the clutch if FULLY opperational.