nice truck there ill have to take some pics of ours
and put them up

gxr
15th December 2010, 05:58 AM
Here is my Gu in the Great sand sea.

Marwan

Bigrig
15th December 2010, 09:40 AM
Nice truck mate ... sooooo ... do you get much of a chance in Egypt to do some sand driving?? lololol ...

Those dunes etc would have to be tonnes of fun, but in all seriousness apart from sand, are there many places you can go 4wd'ing in bush, mud, beach etc?? Have you been down to the Bahereya Oasis?? What about other places?? Never got to Egypt when I was over there, and from what I have seen, I wish I had of made the effort to get there.

gxr
16th December 2010, 02:45 AM
Man do we have sand out here!!!
Dunes are lots of fun and sometimes very dangerous because of the slip faces! It takes some getting used to.
It is illegal to drive on beaches in Egypt all 40000 km of it but lots of fantastic mountainous terrain on the Red Sea and the Sinai.
Bahareya oasis and the western desert are a great area for off road driving, last spring we crossed the Great Sand Sea, 3200 km round trip in 22 days. Some days we clocked 400km and other days as little as 12km ! Some stretches you can only advance on sand matts for hundreds of meters, so you can imagine how much work it takes to get 4 trucks through! But the scenery is unforgettable ! Ill post a couple of pics to give you an idea.

Bigrig
16th December 2010, 07:32 AM
Man do we have sand out here!!!
Dunes are lots of fun and sometimes very dangerous because of the slip faces! It takes some getting used to.
It is illegal to drive on beaches in Egypt all 40000 km of it but lots of fantastic mountainous terrain on the Red Sea and the Sinai.
Bahareya oasis and the western desert are a great area for off road driving, last spring we crossed the Great Sand Sea, 3200 km round trip in 22 days. Some days we clocked 400km and other days as little as 12km ! Some stretches you can only advance on sand matts for hundreds of meters, so you can imagine how much work it takes to get 4 trucks through! But the scenery is unforgettable ! Ill post a couple of pics to give you an idea.

Mate, that sounds awesome - definitely throw up some photos for all to see. What's the story on the sand mats you refer to? Are they something you can purchase over there? We have things like Max Trax, but you've peeked my curiousity regarding sand mats.

gxr
17th December 2010, 06:42 PM
Working on the pics , will post a few in the photos thread,

Sand mats are the same thing like Maxtrax only heavier and mostly made of aluminum!

Bigrig
17th December 2010, 07:26 PM
Definitely throw some happy snaps of those up mate - appreciate it!!