PDA

View Full Version : Seat mounts cracking

Alooke
13th December 2010, 03:04 PM
Hi Everyone,

Had a quick search and did not find any info, so I will ask away!

Nissan GQ 1989 model. Rear inside mounts on both Drivers and Passengers Seats have cracked/torn through.

Just wondering if anyone has fixed this issue. Apparently it is not common but I have owned two GQ's now and both of them were knackered! haha Guess I am just lucky! (Did not fix the old one)

So just wondering how what would be the best fix of someone has come across this...

I will post up some pics...

Sir Roofy
13th December 2010, 07:23 PM
two ways maybe ,grind the top back and put a cap over it and re bolt the mount or just mig the bracket back on

roofy

Alooke
13th December 2010, 11:08 PM
Cheers Roofy,

Sounds like a good plan. I will have to pull them out over the weekend to have a better look. A lot of guys have just said to weld it up. But I want them to be removable, as I hope to get some aftermarket seats soon.

Cheers

~AJ~

MQ MAD
22nd December 2010, 05:51 PM
Seat mounts gee theyd be worth what ,near nothin or a few bucks
Just buy another set or three
Ive got a few sets kikn around,gatherin dust

Col.T
3rd January 2011, 06:13 PM
Seat mounts gee theyd be worth what ,near nothin or a few bucks
Just buy another set or three
Ive got a few sets kikn around,gatherin dust

MQ M
not sure I've read the 'photo right. J don't think those rusted/fatigued/busted mounts are a loose/spare part are they? Thought they were a prefabricated part of the floor pan. Is that so?
"Lookie"
the toughest part in the weld up will be to get the new thread welded to the new plate at the precise height and position to meet the seat bolt.
Good luck. On mine the split occurred in the seat slide and that was easy.
Regards
Col.

Sir Roofy
3rd January 2011, 08:34 PM
weld your plates on ,postion your brackets on plates mark ,drill hole and thread to suit

cheers roofy

Finly Owner
3rd January 2011, 11:08 PM
Depends if you're DIY or want to pay for good fix. There is a tool, like a pop rivet gun, but pulls like a nut into pre-drilled sheet metal. If you can find someone with one of these it is the perfect fix.

Tim

MQ MAD
4th January 2011, 04:48 PM
Sorry for my reply
Didnt see the photos when i replied
So without photos my reply was based on "Seat mounts cracking"
Not busted asss metal fatigue in the floor

So lookin at the pics
Clean it all back to bare metal,and weld a plate over the top then drill to suit