PDA

View Full Version : Boat Ramps

NP99
30th March 2013, 06:17 PM
I've had the boat out up at Bribie Island the last 2 days. Everyone at the ramp was helping guide each other, pulling and aligning trailers etc. a lot of times I've seen people just stare and not help. It must be the holiday spirit:Yahoo!:

gaddy
30th March 2013, 09:31 PM
good to see better to help someone get done quickly , then to get a case of ramp rage , only thing that gets on my goat is when people get to the ramp park at the top and then get the boat ready ,

Gaddy

NP99
30th March 2013, 09:34 PM
good to see better to help someone get done quickly , then to get a case of ramp rage , only thing that gets on my goat is when people get to the ramp park at the top and then get the boat ready ,

Gaddy

I agree mate, that's what the rigging bays are for. Ramp rage is crazy sometimes!

04OFF
30th March 2013, 09:43 PM

Gaddy

X3, its amazing the amount of people that don't start the boat till its off the trailer, then dick around holding everyone up, only to winch it back on the trailer again !

Oh, ill just wait till i get to the water to see if the battery needs charging (lol) :1087:

gaddy
30th March 2013, 09:45 PM
im pretty lucky I use a club ramp 6 lanes with pontons plus I drive on and off , and been a club every one is pretty good

Gaddy

04OFF
30th March 2013, 09:53 PM
I gave up my boat many years ago, cost more to run than a 4.5L Patrol, and everything is so damb expensive, im sure Boat stands for.....

Bung
On
Another
Thousand

NP99
30th March 2013, 09:54 PM
There's a private double concrete ramp at Bulimba I use sometimes, makes life easier.

NP99
30th March 2013, 09:56 PM
I gave up my boat many years ago, cost more to run than a 4.5L Patrol, and everything is so damb expensive, im sure Boat stands for.....

Bung
On
Another
Thousand

Agree......most hobbies are $$$$$$$$

gaddy
30th March 2013, 10:05 PM
could not agree more just spent $800 on a new stator this week , brother in law is a outboard mechanic , trade price and no labor charge ,

Gaddy

MEGOMONSTER
30th March 2013, 10:17 PM
I launch and retrieve alone a lot and I can't remember anyone ever offering to help. Except for one old bloke looked 105 so I got him to hold the rope while I get the car. Funny old bugger still holding on to the rope when I got back.
I should have told that the boat was tied anyway and he was just holding the tag end of the rope. I said thanks, he said your welcome. But to actually have someone help me, no, even if I go with mates, even they don't help.
Not saying that I need help, my little tinny is easy on my own.

NP99
30th March 2013, 10:26 PM
I launch and retrieve alone a lot and I can't remember anyone ever offering to help. Except for one old bloke looked 105 so I got him to hold the rope while I get the car. Funny old bugger still holding on to the rope when I got back.
I should have told that the boat was tied anyway and he was just holding the tag end of the rope. I said thanks, he said your welcome. But to actually have someone help me, no, even if I go with mates, even they don't help.
Not saying that I need help, my little tinny is easy on my own.

I know what you're saying.

MEGOMONSTER
30th March 2013, 11:27 PM
I know what you're saying.

When I'm on the Murray, now that's a different story, always someone wants to help, lend a hand, hold the boat.

NP99
31st March 2013, 12:12 AM
My mates up here don't believe my stories of crays from the Murray river. As a kid we fished and trapped crays, they look like something from dinosaur days.

MEGOMONSTER
31st March 2013, 12:24 AM
My mates up here don't believe my stories of crays from the Murray river. As a kid we fished and trapped crays, they look like something from dinosaur days.

Here's some we got last year276362763727638
And here's one we ate. 27639

NP99
31st March 2013, 01:00 AM
Love those tails........

Alitis007
31st March 2013, 01:48 AM
The worst is when your at a ramp and out of 6 lanes only 1 or 2 are flowing coz the peanuts in the other lanes want to talk bollocks!!

NP99
31st March 2013, 08:23 AM
A bit of interstate trivia........we don't pay to launch at ramps up her in Qld. What are you paying in Vic?

Winnie
31st March 2013, 08:33 AM
A bit of interstate trivia........we don't pay to launch at ramps up her in Qld. What are you paying in Vic?

We don't pay to launch.

If you're happy and you know it tap a post!

NP99
31st March 2013, 08:37 AM
We don't pay to launch.

If you're happy and you know it tap a post!

Did they change? I remember paying about $10 a launch at StKilda and last June when I was visiting, they were charging at Altona ramp.

MEGOMONSTER
31st March 2013, 08:52 AM
Most popular ramps are $16.00 a day, some 11 some 10.

NP99
31st March 2013, 08:59 AM
Most popular ramps are $16.00 a day, some 11 some 10.

Thanks mate.....

megatexture
31st March 2013, 09:57 AM
That is crazy! Maybe they should give free launch under a certain time limit and if you go over you have to pay to speed things up at the busy places

NP99
31st March 2013, 10:08 AM
When I was at Altona it was the volunteer coast guard selling the launch tickets, I'm guessing they got a percentage of the fee!

Alitis007
31st March 2013, 10:39 AM
In Altona its $15 but if you live in the Hobsons bay area Laverton, Altona, Williamstown, New port ect the council will give you a sticker to launch for free

Winnie
31st March 2013, 10:41 AM
I have never had to pay to launch around the Gippsland Lakes.

Alitis007
31st March 2013, 11:11 AM
Its all about revenue raising to pay for the upgrades and maintenance for the ramp, the salt water eats everything so the need to keep fixing things!!

megatexture
31st March 2013, 11:35 AM
All I've got is a roof topper so I don't need a ramp lol and it has drop down wheels nice and easy

NP99
31st March 2013, 12:29 PM
Its all about revenue raising to pay for the upgrades and maintenance for the ramp, the salt water eats everything so the need to keep fixing things!!

I think ours comes out of boat rego!

Alitis007
31st March 2013, 12:32 PM
I think ours comes out of boat rego!

Boat rego here is bugger all i think bout $70 so it doesn't cover that

NP99
31st March 2013, 12:34 PM
Boat rego is a sham when you think what we get in return for it.

Alitis007
31st March 2013, 12:35 PM
Motor powered recreation vehicles need rego over 50cc more revenue raising at its finest!!

Waza
3rd April 2013, 05:26 PM
Very few ramps in NSW require a fee for use , as it should be !
Most ramps are now a video / YouTube opportunity these days.
Hopefully people might change but it seems unlikely.

NP99
3rd April 2013, 06:42 PM
Very few ramps in NSW require a fee for use , as it should be !
Most ramps are now a video / YouTube opportunity these days.
Hopefully people might change but it seems unlikely.

Most of those vids have the cameraman laughing or commenting how it can be done better! How about put the camera down and lend a hand - novel concept :)

Maxhead
3rd April 2013, 06:48 PM
Never heard of paying for the ramp but if it is a good ramp with top notch facilities then I would not mind paying but if its just a money grab then stuff that!

NP99
3rd April 2013, 06:53 PM
Never heard of paying for the ramp but if it is a good ramp with top notch facilities then I would not mind paying but if its just a money grab then stuff that!

Agreed. Some also have toilets, fish cleaning facilities, plenty of parking and a pontoon to tie up to.

Maxhead
3rd April 2013, 07:00 PM
Agreed. Some also have toilets, fish cleaning facilities, plenty of parking and a pontoon to tie up to.

Depends how much they charge but they could employ someone to clean the fish for ya...LOL...Now there's an idea, you could have your fish cleaned while you clean your boat!!

NP99
3rd April 2013, 07:46 PM
Depends how much they charge but they could employ someone to clean the fish for ya...LOL...Now there's an idea, you could have your fish cleaned while you clean your boat!!

Or reverse the boat trailer down the ramp for those that find it too hard and hog two spaces!!!

Alitis007
3rd April 2013, 11:06 PM
Altona has 6 lanes, 3 jetties, toilets and a covered fish cleaning station and a truckload of cowboys, parking is $15 flat rate for 24hrs and during snapper season unless you get there at 330 am good luck launching and then finding a car park!! On saturday nights i usually get a pizza and go and watch the shenanigans that go on there lol

NP99
3rd April 2013, 11:16 PM
Altona has 6 lanes, 3 jetties, toilets and a covered fish cleaning station and a truckload of cowboys, parking is $15 flat rate for 24hrs and during snapper season unless you get there at 330 am good luck launching and then finding a car park!! On saturday nights i usually get a pizza and go and watch the shenanigans that go on there lol

It should be the model for how ramps should be established, been there a few times.

Alitis007
3rd April 2013, 11:52 PM
I have been there a couple of times and its taken me almost 45min just to get to a jetty, your float around just using the motor to power away from the breakwater or other boats and thats at lunch time on a nice day coz of some muppets that want to park on the ramp to chat to their mates that are launching in the lane next to them. Thats a joke!!

gaddy
4th April 2013, 12:02 AM
I pay a little of $300 a year for a club membership 6 lane ramp pontoons wash down bay , secure parking bar restaurant as well as a place on south straddie with toilets showers and cooking facilities , I use the boat most weeks and a lot of nights . So it's good to know the car and trailer are there when you get back

Gaddy

NP99
4th April 2013, 07:39 AM
To come back to your car and find the trailer missing would be a huge piss off. It's not like you can borrow a boat trailer!,,,

Alitis007
4th April 2013, 08:26 AM
Worse is when you come back to your trailer and the rollers are missing coz they couldn't break the locking device!!