PDA

View Full Version : Suspension lower on one side?

billy bleed
30th March 2013, 03:09 PM
I got ironman foam suspension kit that's 6 months old roughly - noticed the other day that the rear left sits about an inch or so lower than the right.. Anything I should be concerned about?

billy bleed
30th March 2013, 03:12 PM
btw I'm getting a service in two weeks.. Is it an easy fix or something that will cost $$?

are these adjustable etc?

boots
30th March 2013, 03:17 PM
Its an easy fix with coil spacers .

WYLD333
30th March 2013, 03:22 PM
coil spacers are a cheap fix to a problem that will still be there and wouldnt fit them to any car. Has your car always been like this or is it something that has just happened?

billy bleed
30th March 2013, 03:54 PM
I don't know as I purchased the car about 3 months ago.. I have only just noticed it when up at my dads place..

The suspension and springs were fitted before I purchased the car..

WYLD333
30th March 2013, 04:02 PM
U may have to have a look at the springs and make sure they have been fitted on the correct sides, u have L/H and R/H sides and if fitted ass about will make your car lean as one side is shorter than the other.
Hope its just a simple fitment error or you may have to throw some new spring in it mate

nickpeacock36
30th March 2013, 04:11 PM
Had to put a spacer in my GU with iron man springs. It does the trick but i guess they aernt the best quality out there.

Sent from my GT-S7500T using Tapatalk 2

billy bleed
30th March 2013, 04:39 PM
Ill point it out to the mechanics and see what they suggest..

If I kept the iron man shocks would it be worthwhile updating the springs with a better quality brand?

Or is this something I should be doing as a complete refit?

How much (ball park) does it cost to replace with a new system with a decent product?

threedogs
30th March 2013, 04:43 PM
You have left and right hand springs to compensate for weight of the driver. easy enough fix if thats the problem

billy bleed
30th March 2013, 04:49 PM
I'm thinking the PO did the lift himself.. Hopefully it's a simple fix so I can spend my cash on more fun stuff..

WYLD333
30th March 2013, 05:25 PM
Ironman arnt the best but by no means the worst either, I'd say ur springs are the issue, keep ur shockers unless u have the coin to replace and just sort the springs out. Car shouldn't sit on a lean and if it is the springs should get out of it fairly cheaply

billy bleed
30th March 2013, 05:53 PM
Thanks all!

Any decent springs to look at should it be the case?

WYLD333
30th March 2013, 06:48 PM
I went king springs with mine and have found them to be excellent

Stropp
30th March 2013, 08:44 PM
Yes as others have said there are lh and rh springs, check they are in correct side even if you swap them over and see how they go.

Parksy
30th March 2013, 08:53 PM
+1 on the king springs for recommendations.

thelawz
14th April 2013, 03:23 PM
I got caught out with this. I didn't realise that there is a driver and passenger side spring and installed it wrong way around. Had to take it all out and put back the right way. My Patrol is now dead level. I see it as experience gained, not time wasted.