PDA

View Full Version : passenger door won't open

polaris
30th March 2013, 01:59 PM
Hello
I have a y60 with a door that will not open from the inside. I've wondered if I could just remove the trim and put a bend in the wire that goes from the handle to the locking mechanism. or do I have to source some weird rebuild kit for opening doors from the inside?

Sir Roofy
30th March 2013, 04:39 PM
hello
i have a y60 with a door that will not open from the inside. I've wondered if i could just remove the trim and put a bend in the wire that goes from the handle to the locking mechanism. Or do i have to source some weird rebuild kit for opening doors from the inside?

you didnt say wich passenger door but may if its the back the child lock may have been knocked to lock

Lieney
30th March 2013, 07:02 PM
Good point Roofy.
If not, when you work on the door, make sure its open as removing the trim is VERY difficult in any car while the door is shut.
If the mechanism is missing / broken, then get what you need from the wreckers.
Check the child lock

polaris
3rd May 2013, 07:29 PM
It is the front door, and it won't open from the inside. But the Electric Windows works so i've decided to repair something Else first :)

happygu
3rd May 2013, 09:39 PM
Polaris,

Take a few hours tomorrow to open up the door, remove the trim from the inside, as that will most probably show you where it has failed. It is most likely a broken plastic clip, which has let the steel connecting rod fall out.

Mic

luke28
26th June 2013, 07:26 PM
I've got the same problem except mine wont open from the outside either I've got to open the window and put my daughter though haha

Sent from my IQ255 using Motorculture mobile app

Bloodyaussie
26th June 2013, 07:33 PM
Its all really simple in there and if you pull the door card off and have a look you will see!!!

GQ TANK
26th June 2013, 11:18 PM
My rear doors intermittently fail to open from the inside or out side - I have applied dry lubricant - will see how it goes.