PDA

View Full Version : Safari auto to manual conversion

buddrick
29th March 2013, 09:24 PM
Safari TD42 auto to manual
Hi new to site but not my swb but have never had box out though after install if turbo and then thrashing round auto played up had full service and then changed oil then box now needs rebuild but for a 3rd of the cost I am going to convert to manual have al the bits and are just going to start but was wondering if there's any thing I should know be fire I start???
If I use the manual wiring loom on box will it just plug in by batterie and then can I remove the auto computer??? Or does the computer have to stay due to it runs other things???
Any replies from people that have under taken the job themselves would be muchly appreciated thanks.

Lieney
29th March 2013, 10:24 PM
Haven't done it but would consider sorting out the neutral start switch that prevents the engine from starting unless in N or P.
Short it out for the manual conversion, or connect the switch to the clutch pedal.
That I if it is not hooked through the trans control unit, but I don't know.

I'd consider buying a complete conversion including fly-wheel, pressure plate, friction plate, bolts, rear main seal, gear box, mounts etc so you have everything before you start