PDA

View Full Version : What type of Air Bed?

NissanGQ4.2
29th March 2013, 07:15 AM
Hi guys, I have an old blow up air bed which goes down slowly overnight, rather than trying to see if it can be fixed I'm just going to chuck it.

So now looking at a new bed, which brings me here

Does anyone know it the self inflating type any good / comfy???

Any brands I should stay away from?

I'm currently looking at this Coleman air bed http://www.anaconda.com.au/Product/Camp-and-Hike/Sleep/Airbeds/4-in-1-Quickbed

Ok guys let me here you thoughts

Cheers

Toddie

twisty
29th March 2013, 08:10 AM
I've got an OzTrail self inflating mattress. It's the way to go! warmer and more comfortable. needs a bit more storage space but it's worth it. I suspect there's little difference between brands.

MudRunnerTD
29th March 2013, 08:27 AM
If its for camping and not guests at home then don't get the one in the link.

Anaconda have their own range of self inflating foam mattresses and they are a winner. They come on special all the time and are awesome and well priced when on special.

megatexture
29th March 2013, 08:54 AM
I've got an OzTrail self inflating mattress. It's the way to go! warmer and more comfortable. needs a bit more storage space but it's worth it. I suspect there's little difference between brands.

There is a diffrence between brands I got a Denali (annaconda brand) one for the missus and when she tested it the outer layer delaminated from the inner foam making it useless i would stick with the better brands with these.

NissanGQ4.2
29th March 2013, 08:56 AM
If its for camping and not guests at home then don't get the one in the link.

Anaconda have their own range of self inflating foam mattresses and they are a winner. They come on special all the time and are awesome and well priced when on special.

For camping mate, can't find any self inflating mattresses on Anaconda's website, will have to go down there and have a looksie :)

MudRunnerTD
29th March 2013, 09:26 AM
There is a diffrence between brands I got a Denali (annaconda brand) one for the missus and when she tested it the outer layer delaminated from the inner foam making it useless i would stick with the better brands with these.

Take it back

Maxhead
29th March 2013, 09:45 AM
I took Darrens advice a while back and got me self a 10cm self inflator from Anaconda and I have to say it is the best thing since sliced bread..........soooooo bloody comfortable you don't wanna get out of bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maxhead
29th March 2013, 09:48 AM
Heres a link to one http://www.anaconda.com.au/Product/Camp-and-Hike/Sleep/Mats/Queen-4WD-Mat

my third 256
29th March 2013, 09:53 AM
if it keeps going down on you take it to the pub and flog it of to someone in need
im sure youl get $50.00 for it especialy if it goes down all night

Maxhead
29th March 2013, 10:05 AM
if it keeps going down on you take it to the pub and flog it of to someone in need
im sure youl get $50.00 for it especialy if it goes down all night

LOL, hahahahhahahhahahahha

Cuppa
29th March 2013, 10:48 AM
Hi guys, I have an old blow up air bed which goes down slowly overnight, rather than trying to see if it can be fixed I'm just going to chuck it.

Been there, done that............ chucking it out is the best option. Hate the things, alway end up leaking, and they're cold.
I think it's an age thing. For years I travelled on motorcycles & for when space is at a premium you cant't beat the thin self inflating mattresses/sleeping pads. I've always used Thermarest ones, but these days there are a lot more choices. I still have my Thermarest, it's probably 12 years old now & has been well used. However I now consider using it as 'roughing it' having become used to far more comfy foam mattresses. If you have room for a decent foam mattress you won't know yourself, but for space saving & lightweight the self inflators are probably the next best thing.

Cuppa

threedogs
29th March 2013, 10:55 AM
I use a 100mm self infating mattress, great to sleep on , down side is fairly bulky to transport.
Plus they recommend you store them laid out. Brought mine locally on ebay Top brand name for $40
used 2 times

megatexture
29th March 2013, 11:11 AM
Take it back

Yea we did and I had used a small hiking tent of the same brand and took that back also as the zip came off on first use.