PDA

View Full Version : Gun Safes

NP99
28th March 2013, 09:13 PM
The recent thread on gun safes peaked my interest!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ltK-bDbADa8

Have a look at this vid, makes for good listening.

Bloodyaussie
28th March 2013, 09:29 PM
Your links suck.......................... second time this has happened.

NP99
28th March 2013, 09:33 PM
Works this end fella! Anyone else having problems with my links or posts?
Back in your box bozo........

Bloodyaussie
28th March 2013, 09:40 PM
Why dont you insert video.... it does not work for me???

macca86
Joys of being a boilermaker I made my own. 3 mm plate all round with a shelf up top. Fully seal welded plus stitched inside braced. The door has 20mm x 40mm flat bar bracing the hinge 20mm round full length of door attached in 4 places with 2x Lockwood big padlocks requiring 2 different keys to open weighs about 125kg oh and I have it bolted down to a concrete slab with 4 x m16 chemset anchors @ 200mm embedment so you'd have to be really keen or noisy to steal it also have stainless to stop oxy cutters plus with my knife collection and bolts stored elsewhere not a good idea to try me

healy
Yeah works for me

NP99
28th March 2013, 09:44 PM
Why dont you insert video.... it does not work for me???

That I will try for you, my next video post will be an insert, thank you for your suggestion BA.

NP99
28th March 2013, 09:45 PM
Joys of being a boilermaker I made my own. 3 mm plate all round with a shelf up top. Fully seal welded plus stitched inside braced. The door has 20mm x 40mm flat bar bracing the hinge 20mm round full length of door attached in 4 places with 2x Lockwood big padlocks requiring 2 different keys to open weighs about 125kg oh and I have it bolted down to a concrete slab with 4 x m16 chemset anchors @ 200mm embedment so you'd have to be really keen or noisy to steal it also have stainless to stop oxy cutters plus with my knife collection and bolts stored elsewhere not a good idea to try me

They talk about gas axing and how stainless will combat that technique.

Bloodyaussie
28th March 2013, 09:48 PM
Oh????????

Clunk
28th March 2013, 09:53 PM
Link works just fine for me........

Don't pay attention to the other plebs NP99, they obviously don't know what they're doin !!!!! :D:D:D;);)

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

macca86
28th March 2013, 09:54 PM
Oxy cutting is not cutting with heat it's actually a chemical reaction iron fe in an oxygen rich environment will convert to iron oxide at 915 degrees where as the melting point is 1400 degrees. Stainless does not do this so you can't you would need a plasma cutter and an air compressor to run it to cut through both.

threedogs
29th March 2013, 11:33 AM
@ Macca sure didn't over engineer it hey, but at the end of the day Your guns are safe from from the idiots.
Same goes for swords too.

Arc welder will cut stainless [badly] but will cut it

P4trol
6th April 2013, 03:14 PM
Different metals/steels sandwiched together also mean that any drilling will need multiple drill bits of multiple types should a decision be made to drill.

threedogs
6th April 2013, 03:21 PM
I'll post you a penny BA working here,

@ Macca you're like me over engineer it to the hilt, cause you can . love it

Had a mate who made High security prison cells .for all you DYI out there
a piece of 10mm stainless rod inside some RHS will stop any one,
it just keeps spinning.

NP99
6th April 2013, 03:25 PM
I'll post you a penny BA working here,
@ Macca you're like me over engineer it to the hilt, cause you can . love it

Thats how i renovate houses. Unlike the rubbish they call house building today!!!

threedogs
6th April 2013, 03:32 PM
Off topic but cars of yesteryear come to mind as well.
A friend I know is also making a Clear security display cabinet for his Seki city
Knives and Swords. should look trick finished

MC97GQ
7th April 2013, 02:12 AM
The recent thread on gun safes peaked my interest!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ltK-bDbADa8

Have a look at this vid, makes for good listening.

NP99,

Just change the m in your youtube link to www and it will work fine for all those using PC's to access your link,

Thanks for putting it up though,

Mark