PDA

View Full Version : GU First mods are complete

Cadbury
12th December 2010, 07:55 PM
Hi all,
I have just done my first mod of many to my GU. I installed a 3" lift.
Next will be some bigger rubber as the standard ones get lost under the arches now.
Cheers
Canbury

Cadbury
12th December 2010, 07:57 PM
How do you attach PIC s?

Cadbury
12th December 2010, 08:05 PM
I worked out how to attach photos.
Cadbury

Bigrig
12th December 2010, 08:45 PM
Mate - that truck will come up a dead set treat - throwing some decent size rubber on there will make it look awesome aside from the obvious other benefits!! Keep us posted ...

AB
12th December 2010, 08:47 PM
Makes a big difference doesn't it. Yep, some new tyres will make a huge difference to her now mate!

big_fletch
12th December 2010, 08:59 PM
That is the size lift i want, and it looks awesome mate.. Cant wait to see some pics with the new rubber

YNOT
12th December 2010, 09:01 PM
Looks much better with the lift, but like mine it looks funny with standard tyres under it.
What brand springs, shocks, panhards etc did you use?

Tony

P.S. What part of Brisbane are you from, those pics look a bit like somewhere in Logan?

Cadbury
12th December 2010, 09:47 PM
I am in Wakerley. I fitted an EFS kit. (shocks, springs, dampner and caster bushes)
Thanks for the comments guys I will keep you updated.
Cadbury

Finly Owner
12th December 2010, 09:50 PM
Nice colour too.....

cossy
25th December 2010, 10:26 PM
WOW did you need to replace the breack line i pick mine up on wenesday i need to check the breack lines i have heard that you need longer ones for the rear?

patch697
25th December 2010, 10:28 PM
WOW did you need to replace the breack line i pick mine up on wenesday i need to check the breack lines i have heard that you need longer ones for the rear?

More so the front will need replacing depending on how high you went in your lift.

Bigrig
26th December 2010, 12:40 AM
Hey Cadbury, forgot to ask - did they do the caster correction at the same time?? You'll have to (well, you don't have to, but it would be good if you'd consider it ...LOL) come out with us on the next run ...

Cadbury
31st December 2010, 05:28 PM
It is recomended to go longer on the brake lines yes.

Cadbury
31st December 2010, 05:30 PM
Bigrig,
Yes they fitted the caster correction bushes.
I would be keen to go out on the next run. Just let us know where and when.

Patrica
10th January 2011, 07:26 PM
It's better to everything first time round, like suspension brake hoses diff breathers etc, trust I learnt from experience lol hope to see around