PDA

View Full Version : Lift my car

JulianMan
24th March 2013, 09:17 AM
I want to lift my car and do not want to spend too much money. Could anyone tell me the most that I could lift it without major modifications and how I should do. My car is a GY60 1992 TB42 engine.
Here in my country we have no suspension kits for this Patrol. I´m from Argentina.

Thanks again

BigRAWesty
24th March 2013, 09:55 AM
Heaps of info on this is the suspension section of the forum.

But basically 2" suspension lift is max. For 2" you can get away with just springs and shocks.

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

NissanGQ4.2
24th March 2013, 12:32 PM
Hi mate, I have moved your post under Suspension and Body Lifts

Cheers

Toddie

Dominator
24th March 2013, 12:55 PM
As Westy said. 2 inch you can get away with just springs and shocks, if you want 3 inch or more you need to consider adding caster correction (bushes, drop boxes or drop arms), extended brake lines and adjustable panhard rods as a minimum.

JulianMan
25th March 2013, 04:30 AM
ok thanks mates. I think that two inches is good and easy enough for me. Springs and shocks is not to difficult to find in my country, but the other components........forget!!!!!!

JulianMan
25th March 2013, 04:32 AM
NissanGQ4.2, thanks for moving my post. I'm new and still not familiar with the forum.

JulianMan
25th March 2013, 04:38 AM
In order to change springs, what I need to know?
As I said, in my country there are no parts for this car. I think I'll have to send to make them. Is there any technical feature for the spring I need?? I don´t Know, Diameter, extension, or others
And for the shocks if I lift 2", I need a 2" higher shock??

Thanks again

my third 256
25th March 2013, 05:50 AM
as an alternative you could always put coil spacers in
here is a link to them on ebay
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FRONT-POLY-COIL-SPRING-SPACERS-GQ-GU-NISSAN-PATROL-50mm-/120467811471?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c0c70ec8f

JulianMan
25th March 2013, 07:31 AM
OK, thanks, the only problem is as I live at the end of the world, my country is excluded for shipping. jajajaa. Thanks again, I´ll try with a manufacturer than can send it to my country.