PDA

View Full Version : Kitchens in ute trays

Wizard52
22nd March 2013, 05:57 PM
Hi all

Had a look at previous threads but can't find what I'm looking for.
I want to set up a kitchen/storage in back left corner of tray to be accessed from side as fridge is on same side but at front of tray.
Thinking it should be 1 to 1.5 m long and max 70 cm deep to store food and utensils and have slide out or fold down stove/bar b que plate.

I have metal roof and canvas sides on canopy.

Any suggestions?

Lieney
22nd March 2013, 10:22 PM
There is a mob that make complete camping kitchens, including sink, tap, stove and cupboard and cutlery drawer.
I can't remember what they were called. Google camper draw / kitchen etc if you want to buy a read-made product.
Look at Cuppa's Ute / bus thread, he's got a nice little set-up that might give you some ideas.
Draw what you want, or how it should look, then search images etc to get some ideas.
Post some pics during the process

BradWill
23rd March 2013, 12:56 AM
Hi wiz am about to undertake the exact same project - I have 06' 4.2 Td and steel tray with vinyl canopy. Hav ebeen toying with a few ideas and intend to get a suitable size Aluminium tool box one with the lid extends over and includes the full front. The manufacturers can customise one of their std boxes with shelves /dividers etc or build in with ply sheeting as you are able. my main aim is to have full set up stove inside box cutlery /plates draws with minium connecting etc. use a roller slide to extend working area in front of stove. BUT WILL BE DUST PROOFED!!.
Hope these are some help

exploremore
7th May 2013, 08:36 PM
Bradwill, that sounds like a great idea for the kitchen. I am just starting the same project.

Slide out fridge behind passenger compartment, your box idea at the rear and the space in between should be a good work area.

Have you got any pics, dimensions of the ali box, manufacturer's website perhaps?