PDA

View Full Version : primus fridge 12v power cord

CorbinsGUte
20th March 2013, 05:55 PM
hi, today i bought a 45l mammoth fridge. the 12 v power cord has a cig lighter plug on it . im just wondering what everyone does if they wanna run an Anderson plug instead? do they just cut the cig light plug off and hook up a andersen plug? or is there somewhere i can buy a dc cord with Anderson plug already on it?
any ideas would be awesome
cheers Corbin

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

healy
20th March 2013, 06:00 PM
Just chop it mate that's what most do

threedogs
20th March 2013, 06:02 PM
Just looking into this atm, Engel have a plug and socket that you push/twist to lock. Can never come loose.
Which I presumeis why you doing it ,If just dedicated for Fridge ,Anderson is a great option IMO. Running off Aux via
Thermal fuse 12v.

Edit will cost you heaps premade

MudRunnerTD
20th March 2013, 06:04 PM
I have cut the plug of my Weaco and my Engel in favour of an Anderson Plug.

CHOP IT!

CorbinsGUte
20th March 2013, 07:01 PM
yep sounds good ill give it the old chop chop when my anderson plugs arrive,
whats a thermal fuse? do i need another fuse as there is one built into the fridge already?
cheers

trekster
20th March 2013, 09:03 PM
I would splice some wire in to use either plug, obviously covering up the cig plug if using the other so as to avoid a short, at least this way if you ever need to use it in another car etc, you can.

cheers.

CorbinsGUte
20th March 2013, 10:32 PM
I would splice some wire in to use either plug, obviously covering up the cig plug if using the other so as to avoid a short, at least this way if you ever need to use it in another car etc, you can.

cheers.

good idea ill keep that in mind
thank you

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Stropp
21st March 2013, 12:04 AM
I have the same fridge and I just cut and shut mine as it already had a heavy cable to the battery.

MudRunnerTD
21st March 2013, 12:39 AM

cheers.

to get around this i then used the plug i cut off paired with another anderson plug to make an adapter to reattach when needed ;) Works a treat and gets stored in the pocket of the fridge transit bag.

lorrieandjas
21st March 2013, 02:06 AM
As others have said - cut it off and crimp/solder in an Anderson. Another option is to cut it off - put a connector on for either a ciggie plug or Anderson depending on when/what you need. Andersons though are the best connector mate.

Jas

BigRAWesty
21st March 2013, 06:35 AM
I'd get 2 ends of what ever you mount to your car, and stick the cigarette end on the spare.. thus way if you need it, just plug it in, when not in use throw it in the glove box..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)