PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Y62 Training Manual ( English )

NissanGQ4.2
19th March 2013, 06:49 PM
Training manual for the Y62

Language: English

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/Y62-Patrol-Full-Edition.pdf

File size: 14.31 MB

Rumcajs
19th March 2013, 08:14 PM
Wow, planetary gears range low range, Torsen type transfer differential..... nice!

NissanGQ4.2
19th March 2013, 08:23 PM
Wow, planetary gears range low range, Torsen type transfer differential..... nice!

I just translated what you said to: Buy a GQ, because they are built tough *LMAO*

Rumcajs
20th March 2013, 08:36 PM
Well you obviously like your GQ but I don't necessarily agree with your translation........
While I ain't the Y62 admirer for sure it interesting to see that Nissan stopped flogging GQ driveline an d actually came up with something hopefully more decent than the "stone aged" chain driven transfer case and no center diff cheap skate lunacy.

What a silly 4WD which needs to be switched back to 2WD when travelling on the black top.......

Planetary range change has been used in trucks transmissions for 30 years with virtually no issues, I think I only needed to fix 1 or 2 planetary range boxes while rebuilding plenty of "normal" geared units, in another words the planetary side is always untouched while rest of the tranny requires rebuilt.

Torsen diff system is well proven too. It a pity it has not made its way in to the axle sides too yet in Nissan.

Of course I can't expect such thing from cheap arse Japanese car maker like Nissan. Friggin G-Wagen was designed 30 or so years ago and it is still the benchmark!

The the training manual also exposes yet the another arsehole attitude of Nissan execs when it comes to sourcing a decent Diesel engine. So they happily use 7 speed auto from Renault sourced V9x engine combo they slot in to Navara or Pathy but they won't have the engine in Patrol instead they push Petrol V8 guzzler on their customers cause that's what Arabs and Yanks wants.

As for GQ it might be fine for someone 5'2" tall but not for 6'2" individual there is no leg room, I couldn't wait to get out of one recently after only driving it for couple of hundred kays.

I wish my GU had planetary range change, Torsen center and front and rear diffs and modern six pot UI diesel with decent 6 speed tranny. That would be a Nissan 4WD worth buying!

Rant over.

Cheers

Drewboyaus
20th March 2013, 08:49 PM
While I ain't the Y62 admirer for sure it interesting to see that Nissan stopped flogging GQ driveline an d actually came up with something hopefully more decent than the "stone aged" chain driven transfer case and no center diff cheap skate lunacy. What a silly 4WD which needs to be switched back to 2WD when travelling on the black .

I'm quite partial to my stone aged driveline......has stood the test of time in very tough conditions. There's no prizes for guessing why many comp trucks use said Stone Age technology.
Ask a LC owner if he'd like to be able to switch to 2wd to avoid wind up on bitumen......
Each to their own though.....

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

AB
10th March 2014, 08:11 AM
Try now Toddy...