PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Patrol GU rear door extension bracket

my third 256
10th December 2010, 05:45 AM
hi all been looking at getting one on ebay but thought why cant i just file the hole a bit longer
so that is what i did to the length i needed so as to just clear the tail light
thought this might be usefull for the readers who want to save $25.00 bucks
i know i do
thanks stephen

my third 256
11th December 2010, 04:13 AM
just been round mates place he did it even easier 3 washers under bracket works a treat you cant use too many washers as it will bind on the inside of the door trial and error
stephen

Setsujoku
29th May 2011, 08:00 PM
Sorry to drag up an old thread, but just managed to come across this whilst looking at purchasing one of the extension pieces.

So you just slipped in a couple of washers in between the bracket and the body of the car, and that was also able to do the same job?

cheers

my third 256
30th May 2011, 01:17 PM
yes thats all you need to do

MudRunnerTD
4th June 2011, 10:52 AM
Good job steve, shame i already paid the cash for the bracket!!

Chappa
4th June 2011, 08:23 PM
Yeh i didn't think about it either just brought one.

Setsujoku
4th June 2011, 08:55 PM
Added a couple of washers to the patrol today, and it made a slight improvement. Not as much as I was hoping, but still better than what it was without! Tried a 3rd, but the door wouldn't shut then.

the ferret
4th June 2011, 09:39 PM
Added a couple of washers to the patrol today, and it made a slight improvement. Not as much as I was hoping, but still better than what it was without! Tried a 3rd, but the door wouldn't shut then.

Guys if you punch the washers out of an oil bottle, they are about 1mm thick and you won't have any paint damage or rust problems, you will also have fine adjustment.