PDA

View Full Version : Looking for fill in work.

nissannewby
14th March 2013, 06:01 PM
Well it looks like I have become a victim of the mining slow down atleast temporarily at the moment. What I would like to know does anyone require and skilled labour etc from the 25th of this month??

Im a qualified diesel fitter with riggers, doggers and overhead crane ticket. I do also have other tickets. I also have my HR truck license and a full open manual car license.

I can get to anywhere around brisbane north or southside.

PM me with any interest.

BigRAWesty
14th March 2013, 06:03 PM
Never a good thing mate. Hopefully something comes up for you.
Jump on career one, simply hired and check out what's going on. I'm always getting job alerts for up that way, but always to far away...

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

ozzymalone
14th March 2013, 06:12 PM
That sucks to hear man! Hope something comes your way quick smart, you're too hard a worker to be in the unemployment line. Surely you will land something local with your skillset.

Bloodyaussie
14th March 2013, 06:13 PM
F^%k that pisses me off when good skilled workers like you are looking for work..???

I got warned 3 years ago by a very smart man I know who said mining in this country will slow down as the Chinese will be looking to Mongolia for there Iron Ore soon??? never mind the global crisis anyway.

Just what I was told??

growler2058
14th March 2013, 06:14 PM
Bummer........coupla thousand k's south of brisvegas and I can probably help ya
Good luck with it mate

Sent from the crapper while on tappa

nissannewby
14th March 2013, 06:16 PM
Never a good thing mate. Hopefully something comes up for you.
Jump on career one, simply hired and check out what's going on. I'm always getting job alerts for up that way, but always to far away...

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Yeah I will be. Still waiting to hear back from my employer as he may be able to place me somewhere else but this isnt gonna happen by the 25th. I have applied for jobs recently but its a little dim at the moment.

Maxhead
14th March 2013, 06:20 PM
Well it looks like I have become a victim of the mining slow down atleast temporarily at the moment. What I would like to know does anyone require and skilled labour etc from the 25th of this month??

Im a qualified diesel fitter with riggers, doggers and overhead crane ticket. I do also have other tickets. I also have my HR truck license and a full open manual car license.

PM me with any interest.

Not good mate! I've been out of work since Dec and its bloody tough finding anything.....
You should pick up something with your qualifications though...Good luck mate

nissannewby
14th March 2013, 06:21 PM
F^%k that pisses me off when good skilled workers like you are looking for work..???

I got warned 3 years ago by a very smart man I know who said mining in this country will slow down as the Chinese will be looking to Mongolia for there Iron Ore soon??? never mind the global crisis anyway.

Just what I was told??

What is more annoying is they only told me today so basically only 10 days notice.

The slow down is partly what you have mentioned , competition in the market. However Australia still has the highest quality coal which they require to refine the ore. My belief is its a big power play between the major corporations and the government. You only have to look at the dismal outcome of the "mining tax" compared to its forecast $2 billion.

Gotta love this forum I even get support from someone who thinks im gonna steal his wife :p

Thanks Mate

Bloodyaussie
14th March 2013, 06:42 PM
Mate if it was anyone else.....!!!

As you may have read my wifes company has been pulled apart and manufacturing has gone to asia, she has been lucky but has had to start her own business but that is not ideal as I already have a business....

The bloody labour government has put up the land fill tax so bloody much I struggle to get people to understand, 4 years ago the tip cost me $24 and only $2 with a rates coupon now its $88 and $26 with a coupon and that's a bloody tip miles out forget a transfer station that would charge me about $120 to empty my trailer???

I could ramble on for ages.... hey I think I will listen to some Led Zeppelin..... ramble on ....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yendor
14th March 2013, 06:49 PM
Bummer mate, hopefully you will pick up something soon.

MudRunnerTD
14th March 2013, 06:52 PM
Bummer Mat!

Hey jump on a group on face book called "jobs in Mining" there is Heap on there mate. All over the place! Can't imagine you having trouble

Good luck mate

nissannewby
14th March 2013, 06:57 PM
Bummer Mat!

Hey jump on a group on face book called "jobs in Mining" there is Heap on there mate. All over the place! Can't imagine you having trouble

Good luck mate

I dont have facebook......

Bloodyaussie
14th March 2013, 06:59 PM

i like you even more!!!!!!

MudRunnerTD
14th March 2013, 06:59 PM

Lmao

Just sign up for that group and then trash it once your done. You don't have to even add pics or any real personal details.

Get with the program Mat!!!! Lmao!

megatexture
14th March 2013, 07:54 PM
I've no doubt you will find something mate but if you realy become stuck I might be able to help but it would only be a $?/7kicker position mixing and carrying buckets of cement not much compared to what your on ATM.it will just depend how busy we are then

NissanGQ4.2
14th March 2013, 08:01 PM
Lmao

Just sign up for that group and then trash it once your done. You don't have to even add pics or any real personal details.

Get with the program Mat!!!! Lmao!

Yeh Mat, get with the program, its 2013 after all, Faceache is the in thing *L*

macca86
14th March 2013, 08:06 PM
That's no good mate hope you get sorted mate. We are after someone to train as a plastic fabricator

threedogs
14th March 2013, 08:29 PM
all the good vibes aimed at you, I'm sure something will come along

nissannewby
14th March 2013, 08:38 PM
I've no doubt you will find something mate but if you realy become stuck I might be able to help but it would only be a $?/7kicker position mixing and carrying buckets of cement not much compared to what your on ATM.it will just depend how busy we are then

I may have to take you up on that just need to keep some cash rolling in. Pm me your number and il give you a call tomorrow

ozzymalone
18th March 2013, 05:27 PM
Hey bud you said you have a HR license yeah? Wanna drive a rig? I will ask a mate who runs a logistics mob locally if he needs someone

NP99
18th March 2013, 06:39 PM
What about the gas pipes up north? Hope it all happens good for you.

megatexture
18th March 2013, 07:27 PM
I may have to take you up on that just need to keep some cash rolling in. Pm me your number and il give you a call tomorrow

Sorry mate missed your call today , ill call tomorrow around 9

nissannewby
18th March 2013, 08:25 PM
Hey bud you said you have a HR license yeah? Wanna drive a rig? I will ask a mate who runs a logistics mob locally if he needs someone

Yeah mate I have my hr license. Just let them know it's prob only temporary as I will be trying to get back doing what I have been. Thanks very much mate.

taslucas
18th March 2013, 08:28 PM

PM me with any interest.

Thanks to the Meme thread i know what to expect from fitters and im sorry but the position has been filled.

hahahaha lmao

But seriously, hope you find something. I have a good mate thats in the same boat, unfortunately for him he left a solid boilermakers job to subby in the mines for a lot more money but theres nothing happening now, thing is, he would still be employed if he stayed at his last job but they wont put him back on because they are also quiet now........

Ben-e-boy
18th March 2013, 08:41 PM

Just what I was told??

true but indonesia is becoming the new china for iron ore apparently. Big things are going to happen

Matt

I'll talk to the workshop supervisor, we are going back to day/night shift. I'll tell him where you worked and see what comes of it, you'll probably be working on old 769's, new 770's, D10t, 633e and fixed 400+ ton/hour crushing plan also working on macks and kenworth prime movers and cummins gensets.

you're in one of the top 3 highes demand trades in the country, you wont be unemployed for long

macca86
18th March 2013, 08:43 PM
Sad reality is all construction jobs production jobs and alike are slow we've had bugger all on in plastics and not much going as a boilermaker either it's all temp agency work if there is something tough times the joys of our high dollar and our governments lack of ability to run large job and construction projects to keep employed people employed.

ozzymalone
25th March 2013, 04:59 PM
Hey Matt, Sorry for the late reply but old mate just got back to me with bad news. Sorry bro. Hope you find something quick smart

nissannewby
27th April 2013, 08:49 PM
Well the boss called today and has landed me some work. Its 8 days at this point which will hopefully lead into the full time one he has landed as well. A massive thanks to everyone for putting there hand up and helping. Once again reinforces why this is such a great place.